Hopefully Somebody Out There Has Used One Of These!

Decorating By Deb_ Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 2:18pm by wrightway777

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 6

Brite White or Angel White, supposedly makes your frosting more flavorful and less greasy.

Does anyone know anything about how these products really work?

I posted this question in "cake disastor" forum a couple of days ago but I've gotten 0 responses. So I thought I'd try it here.

Thanks!

5 replies
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 6

I've never used it, but I thought the Brite White was to get your icing the bright white color. I didn't thnk it really did much for the flavor or greasiness. Not sure. Anyone else know?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 6

I have used bright white years ago when I first started out to whiten frosting..I saw no difference.Nowadays there are so many great Buttercream recipes out there that don't require butter in the recipe..which is what Brite white was designed for ...to whiten Ecru colored icing...I also tasted no difference..I would say you don't waste your money..just find a recipe without butter.

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 6

I used it for the cross cake in my photos. I had no clear vanilla, so I used regular vanilla. That looked too much like ecru. Then I added violet color, but that made it look gray. So I added Wilton White-white. It worked! http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1204001.html

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 6

Not sure if dkelly27 is talking about coloring...

I have also seen a product similar but can't seem to find it. Can you give us any more information?

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 6

I only keep a bottle on hand for emergencies. It whitens or lightens icing. It doesnt help with greasiness or flavor. You cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear so yes, the above posters are correct - gotta have a good recipe to start with. If you want better flavor you can experiment with emulsions and special flavorings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%