Help! Sugar Paste Models

Decorating By purpleluvbug Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 1:21pm by bashini

purpleluvbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purpleluvbug Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:01am
post #1 of 7

Hi, I'm really new to this, and am about to start my first ever cake. icon_surprised.gif

I'm going to use sugar paste to make some models to go on it. But I was just wondering how far in advance can I make them? And how should I store them until use?

I'd be grateful for any advice plaese?

Thanks

Julie

6 replies
vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:29am
post #2 of 7

Julie,
If you are using gumpaste, you can start a couple days before and store in a dryplace covered. Fondant, start now. What are you making?

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:20am
post #3 of 7

Hi Julie, welcome to CC. If you are using gumpaste, you can make them even a week in advance. Like vixterfsu has mentioned above, you have to store in a dryplace and covered.

If you are making figures or something similar, I would use gumpaste. You can either buy it or add 1/2 teaspoon of CMC/tylose powder to 250g of sugarpaste. Another thing that you can do is that, if you have store bought gumpaste, use 50/50 gumpaste and sugarpaste.

Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

purpleluvbug Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:28am
post #4 of 7

I'm Making HeadPhones and microphone as my partner is a dj. Using regalice sugarpaste. Hope this is right icon_redface.gif

bashini Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:32am
post #5 of 7

Julie, I think its best if you can make them with gumpaste/ modeling paste. Its gives you the time play around and get the desired shape. And when its dry, it dries very hard. But if you make it with sugarpaste, it won't dry well enough.

purpleluvbug Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:37am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much. Will do that. Just hope It turns out ok, lol.

bashini Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 7

Post a photo when have done it.

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%