Creme Bouquet...what Does It Taste Like?

Decorating By Tug Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 2:52am by lutie

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:42am
post #1 of 9

I keep hearing about creme bouquet flavoring but don't what it tastes like. How much do I use ?
Thanks in advance.

8 replies
mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:50am
post #2 of 9

here's a recipe of creme bouquet i got from here (CC):

1 tbsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp butter flavoring

u might be able to guess how it tastes like from the ingrdnts used icon_smile.gif

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:06am
post #3 of 9

I LOVE creme bouquet...to me it helps to cut down on the sweetness of buttercream...just my opinion. It's a lot thicker than the other flavorings, but I usually use a 1/2 to 1 tsp of creme bouquet to every batch of buttercream that I do...it has a rich, mellow taste to it...I'm hooked every since I first tried it! I highly recommend you to try it out!

Also, it goes great in poured fondant for petit fours...YUM!! icon_biggrin.gif

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 9

I'm with klat! I LOVE creme bouquet. I think I am going to try some of the wedding bouquet that everyone talks about too. It was out of stock online. That is why I got the creme bouquet in the first place. I made a cake with it last weekend and everyone at the party (my daughter turned 9) ranted and raved about it! They loved it and couldn't seem to tell me enough! lol I think I found a new winner!!!

Teresa

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 9

Creme Bouquet does have a citrus based taste... my commercial product actually has gum arabic and xanithan gum listed in its ingredients. I use it on the lighter side of the flavorings... about 1/2 teaspoon in addition to whatever other flavorings are called for. It is specifically touted as a "flavor enhancer" which is why I don't use it to replace anything else.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 9

Creme Bouquet does have a citrus based taste... my commercial product actually has gum arabic and xanithan gum listed in its ingredients. I use it on the lighter side of the flavorings... about 1/2 teaspoon in addition to whatever other flavorings are called for. It is specifically touted as a "flavor enhancer" which is why I don't use it to replace anything else.

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 9

hey klat,

I'm afraid to assume, but do you omit the vanilla in your recipe, or do you use both? I'd like to try this soon.
Thanks icon_smile.gif

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 9

hey, lukasross...

No, I don't omit anything...what I've been doing is putting a 1/2 tsp each of Wilton clear vanilla, Wilton butter flavoring, Wilton almond flavoring, and Magic Line Creme Bouquet flavoring....YUM YUM....the creme bouquet makes a WORLD of difference!!

By the way, the first ingredient listed on the creme bouquet is oil of lemon! It really is a winner...unless someone comes up with another great recipe, I'm sticking to this one!! Good Luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:52am
post #9 of 9

I use Creme Bouquet and love it, love it, love it! It does cut the sweetness of the butter cream, which I like, as do my clients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%