Picasso Cake

Decorating By kellertur Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 1:40pm by sadsmile

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:35am
post #1 of 8

Hi,
I finished this cake last night (around Midnight). If you have any feedback, critique ~ please feel free. I appreciate the time taken to view my cake.

Oh, and this is my first cake using my own vegan MMF recipe (VMMF icon_rolleyes.gif ) but I still have some kinks to work out in the "laboratory" ~ BUT it is DELICIOUS! thumbs_up.gif
You all were right about the difference in taste vs. regular fondant!!!!

Thanks for looking. icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1258848.html
LL

7 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #2 of 8

That is pretty cool!!! OT-ut can I ask you about your VMMF... do you just follow the regular MMF recipie and use vegan mallows or vegan mallow cream?

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:05am
post #3 of 8

Beautiful piece of artwork!

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:55am
post #4 of 8

That's pretty cool.....work of art.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:19am
post #5 of 8

Wow!!! is this hand painted?, I have to tell you...........it's a beautiful cake, you did a great job, hahaha did you think I had something bad to say? Nope, I love it very artistic!

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 8

First and foremost, thanks for looking and for the encouraging comments. icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

. do you just follow the regular MMF recipie and use vegan mallows or vegan mallow cream?

Not exactly... I found a few recipes for vegan marshmallows, played around and "tweaked" a bit... then I adapted a MMF recipe found on here. I had to make a few changes to the recipe, and I can PM anyone the recipe who wants it once I work out one minor issue. (when I roll it out it doesn't quite "crack" but pulls away a bit ?? I think I need a bit more cornsyrup. icon_confused.gif ) Store bough vegan marshmallows would have been easier... but hey are SO expensive. icon_eek.gif

And yes, it is handpainted. Does anyone know how to tone down colors when you are painting directly on cake? My pink was brighter than I wanted it...

Thanks icon_smile.gif

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 8

You could add a touch of white to the color before painting. I would like your recipe, my daughter would love cupcakes w/ a good vegan icing.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:40pm
post #8 of 8

yes I would love the recipie when you are happy with it...!!! as far pink I would say only a tiny bit of pink in vodka.. or if you wanted to mute the color add some 'dirty water' what you rinse your brushes in or some brown or a tiny bit of green. It's like painting with water colors and getting a realistic shade requires mixing and practice...play around and have fun. You are thinking way too much into it because that cake looks wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%