Does Anyone Add "brite White" Or "angel White

Decorating By Deb_ Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 7:35am by flayvurdfun

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 9

I don't have access to hi-ratio shortening, so I use a combination of crisco and butter and if it's humid I add some meringue powder.

Lately I've been reading about Brite White and Angel White- a white fudge base that adds flavor, volume and gives you a less greasy icing. This info was posted on http//forum.kitchenaid.com.

My last few cakes have all had that BC glisten to them and it's been tough getting nice sharp edges on my BC roses and piping designs. It doesn't necessarily taste greasy, it just looks it.

I'm wondering if I should order some of the Brite White and see if it gets rid of that greasy glistening appearance.

Anybody out there have any luck with this product? I'd appreciate your input. I have a large tiered wedding cake due in a couple of weeks. The bride wants smooth BC (doesn't like fondant), with scroll work in dark burgandy piping The way my last few batches of BC have been coming out I'm afraid to pipe on it with such a dark color. I don't want it to run or slide off.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

8 replies
Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #2 of 9

I have been trying to decide if it's time to test that theory myself, my icing seems to get greasier and greasier!~

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:38am
post #3 of 9

I've always used Brite White from day 1 of my first cake decorating class. My instructor gave us a recipe that called for Brite White and I've convinced myself that I cannot make icing without it icon_lol.gif

I've never made icing any other way so I have nothing to compare it to.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 9

Luby,
Would you be willing to share your recipe with me? Or tell me the amount of brite white that I use? Does it replace anything?

Thanks so much!
Deb

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 9

I would also like the recipe, where can you get brite white?

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:12am
post #6 of 9

I don't even know what bright white is, where do you get it?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:34am
post #7 of 9
SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 9

Can you tell me where to find Brite White? I've done an online search and came up with teeth brightening which I'm sure is not the right thing. Let's hope anyway! lol

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:35am
post #9 of 9

I wanted to tell our members, especially the newer ones, that if you see something you type gets blocked or whatever. DO NOT nurse it up and do whatever you have to to have it put on here. It can, and probably will start trouble.
I deleted a post that had banned information in it.
Thanks for those of you whom reported it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%