jenmac75 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:50pm

I just finished my lemon cuppies and they are divine! Just a little lemon flavor (it definitely tasted natural, not artificial thanks to using the lemon juice) and the cream cheese frosting is fabulous!! I wish the icing was not as runny, but it still holds up. I filled them up halfway with the first dozen and they didn't rise well like everyone else mentioned. So I filled them up more in the next batch (got only 1/2 dozen) and they filled to the top of the liner. This is definitely a keeper after my disaster with the carrot cuppies icon_mad.gif .

Can't wait for the next one!

Meemawfish Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:43pm

That's great Jenmack. I love the lemon and I'm waiting on #3 also. icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm

Okay is anybody else having the problem of NO email notices on this thread?? It's driving me crazy!

fiddlesticks Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:16pm

Im still getting my notices,But with that said Im sure they will stop now LOL!

Meemawfish Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:35pm

I'm still getting notices but I think it's because you only get notices on the ones that you post on. icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:49am

Ok y'all, sorry I didn't post on Friday like I had intended. I'm in the middle of a severe kidney stone attack. Almost ran off the road friday and have been 'medicated' ever since! Ugh. Anyway, here is the link to the new thread. I hope you guys like it. This whole process has been a ton of fun. What a great 'club'!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6085597.html#6085597

Meemawfish Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:28pm

I second that Mel. I love the cuppie club. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

frstech Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 2:15pm

I finally got to make the lemon cuppies this weekend!! They were delish!! The only thing was that they were dry, but I think I may have cooked them too long, but everyone loved the flavor and the icing!! I will be making these again with absolutley no changes to the recipe!!

paddlegirl14 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:15am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I have a quick question... are we only doing cupcakes in the CCCC or are we interested in muffins? I have this new book... it's called 500 Cupcakes, and it has a whole section on muffins, both sweet and savory!

I bought that book a couple of weeks ago, too!! icon_lol.gif I love some of the twists on cupcakes/muffins!

I haven't had time for the lemon cuppies yet. Hopefully this weekend. Between going back to school and working 12 hours a day, the days just fly by.

Everyone loved the carrot cake cuppies. Definately try them if anyone hasn't!

suz3 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:23pm

I just made the lemon cuppies. Loved the icing it gets a 4.5. It would have gotten a 5 if it hadn't been so thin. I found the cake part to be dry also. Maybe some cake flour for part of the AP? I would only give them a 3.

isabelianico Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:40pm

I am so excited to try this one! It sounds delicious! Thank you so much. I have never tried cupcakes too much but I am super excited to try these and experiment.

cakes_are_fun Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:59pm

YUMMIE YUMMIE YUMMIE!

paddlegirl14 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:36am

Here we go again, Hurricane Ike. I am about 2 and a half hours due north of Houston. I am praying for all of us to make it through safe!!!

If I still have electricity, I am baking this weekend. I want to have cake to eat during all of this chaos!

Let ya'll know how we do. I would love to know about everyone in his path, too.

daranaco Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:39am
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlegirl14

Here we go again, Hurricane Ike. I am about 2 and a half hours due north of Houston. I am praying for all of us to make it through safe!!!

If I still have electricity, I am baking this weekend. I want to have cake to eat during all of this chaos!

Let ya'll know how we do. I would love to know about everyone in his path, too.

I'm planning on baking too! I have eggs and milk in my fridge that will go to waste if the electricity goes out. Might as well put it to good use!!

Meemawfish Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:50pm

I will pray for all you ladies. Please be safe. icon_biggrin.gif

suz3 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:53pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who might be effected in any way by Ike. Be safe.

frstech Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:21pm

paddlegirl14 & daranaco... Hey girls, please take care.. I am going to send you both a PM.

serenelui Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:19am

Hi all.. i just tried out this recipe the other day since it was super hot and i was craving something lemony. Unfortunately as i didn't have buttermilk i substituted the 6tbsn of it with 1/4C of yogurt and 2 TBS of milk. However, my cupcakes turned out to be a disaster! It was very very sour and the cupcake liners immediately started peeling off the sides of the cupcakes after i took it out of the oven.. cos the cupcakes shrank a little as it cooled!! What did i do wrong?? Was it cos of the substitution i made using the yogurt and milk?? icon_sad.gif

frstech Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:57pm

serenelui, sorry to here about your disaster, I cna not answer your question as I don't ever substitute, but hopefully one of the ladies will answer your question soon. You do know that you can make buttermilk with regular milk and lemon juice don't you??

Dawn

serenelui Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:23pm

Hi Dawn, yeah.. i saw that as one of the substitutes to the buttermilk when i did the search online.. but i thought of using the yogurt cos i thought it would make the cupcake more moist :p Now wondering whether to try this recipe again.. but worried about throwing away the whole batch again like the last time though :p

all4cake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:12pm

If there is anyone still watching this thread....in the recipe, it calls for extra large eggs. Out of curiousity, has anyone replaced those with large. If so, how many large eggs did you use?

Melvira Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm

I think the difference in volume between large and extra large is negligible. I think you'd be fine if you used them 1 for 1. If you went to medium I'd say throw in one extra, but that's just me.

all4cake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:58pm

Thanks. It's just you don't see a recipe calling for xl or small very often.

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:03pm

I always sub large for extra large ! Its never a problem ! I just never buy extra large eggs!

all4cake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:18pm

me neither. I wanted to try these but didn't want to head to the store for xl...the instructions (yes, I took them literally) were to follow the recipe exactly the first time. I skimmed through the thread first to see if anyone substituted or if those who tried it, actually used xl eggs.

I will try these as soon as I clear my table of tax time debris....ugh. I actually used to look forward to tax time...not anymore.

Melvira Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:11pm

I rarely buy them, only if there is a sale or something. And then I generally use them for breakfast, not baking, since most recipes are designed with large eggs in mind. That's kind of the standard.

Mmmm... I could go for a fried egg right now. Mmmm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%