Girl Scout Cake

Decorating By cakemommync Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 6:18am by EnjoyTheCake

cakemommync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommync Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:03am
post #1 of 6

Trying to figure out something to do for my dgts first girl scout meeting for the year. Thought of doing the old symbol like is on the pin but thought that was boring. They are 9=11 year olds.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:29am
post #2 of 6

Check out this cute cake posted by dahliascakes on Flickr! (I linked to the photo, I did not upload it as an attachment). The design itself is fun with a Girl Scout thrown in. Even if you don't do fondant or gumpaste, you could do a fun, bright, flowers and insects design on a green cake and add their motto, "Be Prepared".

Image[/url]

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:51am
post #3 of 6

My thought was a HUGE box decorated like the cookies box with real girlscout cookies spilling out of one end.......or......One big GIANT cookie (Pick your daughter's favorite kind!) If it is the one with coconut and chocolate on top, you could use white chocolate shavings for the coconut. Good luck. HTH

Teresa

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 6

You could do something with Daisy's for Juliet Lowe or how about the sash/vest they wear with the district and troop number on it along with some of the badges they can earn this year.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:58am
post #5 of 6

You could do the theme of one of their favorite songs.......

Make new friends.......
(use silver and gold theme)

I was a GS leader for 11 years and love the idea of draping a cake with a green fondant sash with their troop number and a few badges on it.

I like the idea of a cookie theme too. If they plan on camping you could do a camping theme with a tent and fire.

I once created a pin with the hand symbol for of the three middle fingers up and you could write .....ON MY HONOR.... (the beginning of the GS promise)

They should be learning the GS law, you could create a fondant scroll with the LAW written on it with edible ink.

Good luck............d

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:18am
post #6 of 6

I just did a search in the CC galleries for "girl scout" several cakes are in the galleries. Hopefully one of them can inspire.

You can also do a google image search for "girl scout cake" the first page at least didn't bring up anything naughty. And actually come cute ideas. Including the gumpaste girlscout on the cake that was already posted.

Best of luck. I'd love to see what you come up with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%