Any Egg Free Chocolate Cake Recipes??

Baking By Puzzlebug Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 5:27am by Puzzlebug

Puzzlebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Puzzlebug Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:34am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone,
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm hoping that someone may have a really nice egg free chocolate cake recipe that I could make for my twins 1st birthday in 2 weeks. They have not had egg whites yet and I've had an egg free and dairy free chocolate cake once before and it was beautiful but cannot find anyone with the recipe now.

Thanks for any submissions! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 8

Several egg free chocolate cakes here. We have liked all of the recipes from this site, that we have tried.
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~kupstas/FAQ_recipes.html#DairyList

Puzzlebug Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 8

Thankyou 7yyrt, I'll do some test runs before the big day....yummo. icon_biggrin.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:06am
post #4 of 8

crazy chocolate cake recipe on here is pretty good. It sticks pretty bad, but it can be worked with. I have a customer who orders strictly this cake because of her sons allergy, she has ordered this as a cake and cupcakes at least 6 times this year... I add a little more chocolate powder to mine to kill the blah taste, but it is pretty good.

Rocketstarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketstarmom Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:18am
post #5 of 8

I saw Lisa Lundy speak last week about her daughter with food allergies and her quest to find something that would help her. They were not sure she would survive to age 2 because she could not eat anything. From that experience, she has developed numerous recipes - one of which happens to be a delicious chocolate cake.......... Anyway, if you go to

http://www.thesuperallergycookbook.com/story.htm

and click on cookbook info and then sample recipes, there is an egg free / dairy free recipe for chocolate cake. I have not made it but it does come highly recommended. Good luck!!

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:50am
post #6 of 8

A good friend of mine has a little boy who has an egg allergy. She does any devil's food box cake mix and a can of diet pepsi. It doesn't rise quite as high, but she says it tastes great. She has also done box yellow cake mixes and white cake mixes with a can of Sierra Mist. I have actually done the white cake with Sierra Mist. It was pretty good!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:08pm
post #7 of 8

thanks rocketstarmom.. I just sent that link to my egg free customer.... I know she will find it very useful. I am also speaking at an allergy support group for moms this week and will mention it to them. Great find!

Puzzlebug Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:27am
post #8 of 8

thumbs_up.gif Thankyou all so m uch for your recipes. I will give a few a go and see which one is the nicest and make that for their birthday. Mmmmmmm, can't wait for the trial cakes.. LOL. Any excuse for chocolate cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%