Buttercream Dream Question

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 12:26am
post #1 of 10

I made two double batches of buttercream dream icing off this site Thursday afternoon, I left it out overnight and used it to frost some cupcakes on Friday afternoon. It sat out all night in its container again. It is now Saturday night and it has sat in the trunk of my car all afternoon in very warm weather during a wedding I attended (brought it "just in case") It's now in my fridge, my question is, can I keep this icing until this Thursday when I can salvage it for another cake order, or should I toss and kiss some money down the drain? Thanks for any help on the matter.

9 replies
TheCakerator Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 10

can anyone help me? Thanks ...

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 10

I'm gonna guess and say no, it's probably bad. I use buttercream dream and think it sitting in the car would surely spoil it, after all it does have butter and milk in it. I don't know though, I could be wrong, but I'd toss it just in case...........sorry!

TheCakerator Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 10

thanks, I thought I had read that because there is so much sugar to milk ratio it would be fine .. I will wait and see what others say, if they don't mind telling me ..

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 10

here's a bump for you

TheCakerator Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:04am
post #6 of 10

thank you ...

ChefLinnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefLinnie Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #7 of 10

I would toss it as there is butter, egg whites- these items don't do well sitting in the heat of a car.
You don't want anyone to get sick.

ChefLinnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefLinnie Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #8 of 10

I would toss it as there is butter, egg whites- these items don't do well sitting in the heat of a car.
You don't want anyone to get sick.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:39am
post #9 of 10

I've done the same thing and tossed it. just can't take the chance of someone getting sick. In my first culinary class in Jr. High, the rule of thumb that we were taught was, "When in doubt, throw it out." That was nearly 30 years ago and I still live by that rule in my kitchen....

TheCakerator Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #10 of 10

ok thanks guys , I will toss it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%