Need Help Asap...choco Plaque From Cake Pan....

Sugar Work By chrissysconfections Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 12:41am by buonasorpresa

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 3

I'm just getting ready to pour the last color into an elmo head choc plaque and I'm confused on the directions. It says to finish the head you pour almost all of the 2lbs of red chocolate into the pan and let it harden. Then your supposed to get a 10" dowel, leave 4" out at the neck area and finish pouring the rest of the chocolate over the stick to secure it. OK no problem..but the finished head isn't level with the top of the pan so how do I make the dowel work? I don't want the dowel at an angle and it won't fit flush. How do I do this?
Also it seems awlful heavy for one dowel..should I use two near the ends instead? I have to use wooden dowels because I don't have the plastic one they are calling for...does that make a difference?

TIA!

Chrissy

2 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 7:53am
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure what you mean about it being flush...'course it's almost 4am and my brain is a little swampy.

but I would think that wooden dowels would be fine.

buonasorpresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buonasorpresa Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #3 of 3

would they mean to take the moulded Elmo OUT of the pan, place the dowel on the back and pour the chocolate over just the dowel so it is stuck to the back of the head?
Not sure, but that is what I would guess they are talking about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%