Wholesale Accounts-Equipment

Business By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 12:41am by SweetConfectionsChef

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 9

Can anyone give me a supplier name for kitchenaid mixers? I emailed kitchenaid and did not hear back. I am set up with one wholesale supplier, but I am only noticing a $10 difference between wholesale price and suggested retail. Is this correct?

8 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 9

I don't know of anyone on the forum who sells them, otherwise I would point you in their direction.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks, Theresa.

I did finally hear back from Kitchenaid today...a quick email stating they wanted to chat on the phone, so needed my number. I sent it. We'll see...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 9

I thought KA is strictly a for home non commercial use product? Yes?

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 9

Not sure, but I would like to be able to sell them in my retail business.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 9

KitchenAid used to be a part of the Hobart Company. Hobart made appliances for both commercial and residential use. I do not know when, but KitchenAid was either bought out or spun off from Hobart.

KA still makes appliances for residential use, and Hobart still makes commercial ones.

KA actually has a full line of home appliances. In my parent's home, we had a dishwasher which lasted 25 years before it died. They're not cheap, but with that kind of lifespan, I would invest in them if I was re-doing my kitchen.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 9

You are not going to be able to buy them wholesale from Kitchen Aid....you have to find a distributor and you're going to have to meet a minimum order requirement. I saw several distributors of kitchenwares including KA at the market in Dallas but I don't remember the company names. Are you close to Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, or NYC?

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you sweetconfectionschef!

I am not...I am right outside of Sacramento, CA.

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #9 of 9

This is where I go to order merchandise....well, I did when my shop was open. Businesses come from all over the world to find distributors. You have to be a varifiable business...and they mean business. It is a process to get clearance to go in but it is very worth it. You might start checking around your area to find something similar. If you can ever make it to Dallas after the Christmas season it is a gian market with lots of leads and lots of merchandise.

http://www.dallasmarketcenter.com/dmc/custom/dmc/dmc/splash_flashEnabled.cvn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%