Anyone Else Use Freewebs??

Decorating By amoos Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 1:48am by FLOWERGEL

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:08pm
post #31 of 54

I have a freewebs site, but use it to keep mostly in touch with out of town family and friends who don't get a chance to see my cakes on a regular basis. I don't use it to promote business. I also have my garden shots and soon will be adding a photo album of my newest family member, my baby parrotlet, Echo. : ) Enjoy playing with your website, I have a lot of people look at mine regularly just for fun and to see what I've been up to.

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:40pm
post #32 of 54

jkalman, thanks for the criticism..its ok if you're mean because thats what the customer would be thinking to themselves...So thanks.

I chose to use that background because I didn't relaly care for the other backgrounds they had, even the one with the party cake on it. And the black is nice and simple and to me just looks nice.

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:51pm
post #33 of 54

Jkalman your new site is GREAT, I LOVE IT!!!! I wish I could make my site look good I just don't understand computers I do not know what I am doing.. And your cakes Gorgeous Mine don't even compare. Any tips anyone wants to share I would love thanks Le'Ann

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:56pm
post #34 of 54

Ohh and thanks Amoos...the same with yours!

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:36pm
post #35 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

also, to get my pictures like mine are you have to be in your album uploading pictures and then rearranging them...there is a pull down window that has many options for the way your album is viewed. Mine is on 'round glider' and I love it! I like to put descriptions for all of my cakes and my family and customers like that too. I think the description gives a little more credibility as well.

Thanks! I have been trying to figure this out for months!!! thumbs_up.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:53pm
post #36 of 54

Amoos.. feel free to pirate the whole thing if you want. icon_smile.gif I have my new site now so I don't use the freewebs site anymore.

Thanks so much for the compliments on my cakes.. icon_redface.gif

FromScratch Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:24pm
post #37 of 54

Tina.. looking at your site I would change a few things.. first off.. I'd drop the snowflakes.. they are a bit distracting. On your Flavors page your columns don't line up. You can cut and paste word files into the free webs pages so that you can have nice straight columns. icon_smile.gif

Your pricing page is a bit over explained. I know you want to give your customers information, but I would take off the whole explaination of averaging the length and width and diving by 2.. it's TMI. Customers are looking for basic information about how you operate and not a cookie based math lesson. icon_lol.gif I would take out the whole chart that lays out your cakes by size and price.. just state that your cakes are $x.xx per serving and fillings and fondant are $x.xx extra per slice. And you too girl... raise them prices.. $2.00 per serving for ALL cakes is even too little, but that isn't outrageous.

I would take off your contract since the code is all messed up anyway, and thsi is something you want to be able to go over with face to face with your customers. I'd take off the guestbook and messages too as these are more suited for a personal blog than a business website. I would remove the links section.. especially since it's only a link to "the good person test" and that will put off some people. I firmly believe that your religious views should be kept completely separate from your business.

Send me your e-mail address in a PM and I will e-mail you some edits. icon_smile.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:44pm
post #38 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by leannsloan

I love this thread I use freewebs also I am not computer savvy. And I mean my 17 year has to tell me what to do I just don't get it. Anyway my site is not done I am changing things I dont have my rate page back up yet. Jkalman tell me what you think and what I should add/change I love your honesty. Anyone else feel free to take a peek and give feedback thanks www.freewebs.com/sweetlittlethings

your page is a nice start! I especially like the professional templates that freewebs has to offer.

the only thing I would change is the 'about me' section. I think everyone should be able to do this. Go from putting personal things about yourself and start talking about some of the accomplishments you have achieved in cake decorating. Have you taken any specialty classes? What is your style? talk about what mediums you like to use the most...talk about cake decorating stuff!
take a look at my about me section...actually, I just realized I need to add that I have helped out 'The Woman's Business Association by donating a free cake for their Power of a Purse event'. Little things like that go a long way...especially if you have entered competitions icon_smile.gif

step0nmi Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:47pm
post #39 of 54

i'm sorry...I'm not sure who Chronicle Cakes website belongs to...but, I just wanted to say I would get rid of the blog all together...if you are not talking about cake then it's a personal blog and it just doesn't work on a cake decorating website. Hope you are not offended by this...it's a nice blog but it's more personal then about cakes.

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:44am
post #40 of 54

Thanks Step0nmi I will be working on my website Sunday If I pm you when It is done will you take another look and let me know what you think thanks Le'Ann

step0nmi Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:54am
post #41 of 54

no problem! I love to help! icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:34am
post #42 of 54

I am trying to set up a website on freewebs, but I am really a dummy when it comes to computers so I am going to have to ask my son to give me a hand, I really wish I knew what I was doing LOL.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:54am
post #43 of 54

jkalman thank you so much for the feedback......how funny is this.......I didn't even know there were snowflakes on my site LOL That's nuts!!! lol What page were they on?? All of em?? Also, I know the pricing is TMI but you wouldn't believe the number of phone calls I field with people just trying to figure out what size cakes they need....since I put that up, 9 out of 10 people call me and say...I need cake for x amount of people and I'd like a 6,9,12" and it saves me oodles of time! I definitely agree with the cookie math though, I debated on that one.
The links section with the good person test is important to me, if I lose customers because I'm a follower of Jesus Christ then so be it! If there's even a remote chance that someone would receive Christ after taking that "test" it would be worth a million lost cake orders to me, but I really do appreciate your feedback.

I still can't believe there are snowflakes!! How weird!

Thanks again.

FromScratch Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #44 of 54

LOL.. they appear to be just on the front page. Isn't that funny you didn't know they were there. icon_lol.gif

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:58am
post #45 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar

I am trying to set up a website on freewebs, but I am really a dummy when it comes to computers so I am going to have to ask my son to give me a hand, I really wish I knew what I was doing LOL.

it really is super easy. just pick your template, add text and your photos and you are done. i know that "building" a website can seem intimidating, but that is why i love freewebs so much, it is so much easier!

Win Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:19pm
post #46 of 54

step0nmi: no offense taken. As I explained in my earlier post, mine is not a site to sell cakes (I'm not a pro, just an addict.) It is a site to keep my out-of-town family and friends updated on what's going on in my life which is why the blog is personal. However, I would like to point out that even Bronwen Weber blogs about her personal stuff on her professional site --as does our dear Aine2. I love the little glimpses I get into their lives... it makes them real.

step0nmi Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #47 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

step0nmi: no offense taken. As I explained in my earlier post, mine is not a site to sell cakes (I'm not a pro, just an addict.) It is a site to keep my out-of-town family and friends updated on what's going on in my life which is why the blog is personal. However, I would like to point out that even Bronwen Weber blogs about her personal stuff on her professional site --as does our dear Aine2. I love the little glimpses I get into their lives... it makes them real.

oh! you are right! you did say that! and if that is more to keep in touch with your family then do that...I think I was just thinking everyone wanted critiques and I got a little carried away icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

and I didn't not know those girls had personal stuff on their blogs...very cool

Win Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:03pm
post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

oh! you are right! you did say that! and if that is more to keep in touch with your family then do that...I think I was just thinking everyone wanted critiques and I got a little carried away icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

and I didn't not know those girls had personal stuff on their blogs...very cool

If I were to ever go pro, I'd start by converting that site to a more professional looking set up and would not hesitate to seek out your opinion!

step0nmi Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #49 of 54

wow! thank you Win...any time. I think you all are misconstrued by the 'forum superstar' status! LOL...I am not as great as you think I am. LOL icon_smile.gif

FLOWERGEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FLOWERGEL Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm
post #50 of 54

hello everyone

i had wanted to do one but was just putting it on hold... but thanks to you all i decided to try something new
i learned on my own how to do 3D flower gelatin by reading books so im trying to do the freeweb site on that ...
but im lost im the first one to say its ugly but im sure u all can comment on it thank u
ill keep on tryin
again thank u all

flowergel

step0nmi Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 12:33am
post #51 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOWERGEL

hello everyone

i had wanted to do one but was just putting it on hold... but thanks to you all i decided to try something new
i learned on my own how to do 3D flower gelatin by reading books so im trying to do the freeweb site on that ...
but im lost im the first one to say its ugly but im sure u all can comment on it thank u
ill keep on tryin
again thank u all

flowergel

did you have one that you tried and you want us to take a look at it? copy and paste the link in your message...I am sure we will all be willing to help!
icon_wink.gif

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:18am
post #52 of 54

Hi! just thought I'd jump in here too, I also use freewebs and love it! I have upgraded so my site wouldn't say freewebs in the address but other than that I kept most of it the same..

www.jessicasdesserts.net

FLOWERGEL Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:48am
post #53 of 54

icon_redface.gif HELLO STEPONMI

LOL IM SURE YOU ALL WILL LOL
HERE IT GOES AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO
I was searching online when I happened to find this technique that comes from mexico. I've never heard of, or seen anything like it before. I know for a fact that if you want to create this type of dessert. A tape with tools can cost $130.00 U.S.A. dollars and shipping $30.00 U.S.A. dollars. The tools you already have in your home.

So find out the secret; the new way to make beautiful desserts. These magazines will show you how to make 3D flower gelatin art.

Everyone will wonder what your next flower(s) or artwork will be. It's fun and exciting anyone can do it, both kids and adults. The texts are in spanish but you can follow it with easy step-by-step and big clear photo instructions. You can also go on google to have it translated. I've used it for a whole web site and its great. It doesnt matter what language. You can still make these lovely gelatin art. For now I only have magazines numbers 7-15. Each magazine features different flowers.

FLOWERGEL Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:48am
post #54 of 54

icon_redface.gif HELLO STEPONMI

LOL IM SURE YOU ALL WILL LOL
HERE IT GOES AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO
I was searching online when I happened to find this technique that comes from mexico. I've never heard of, or seen anything like it before. I know for a fact that if you want to create this type of dessert. A tape with tools can cost $130.00 U.S.A. dollars and shipping $30.00 U.S.A. dollars. The tools you already have in your home.

So find out the secret; the new way to make beautiful desserts. These magazines will show you how to make 3D flower gelatin art.

Everyone will wonder what your next flower(s) or artwork will be. It's fun and exciting anyone can do it, both kids and adults. The texts are in spanish but you can follow it with easy step-by-step and big clear photo instructions. You can also go on google to have it translated. I've used it for a whole web site and its great. It doesnt matter what language. You can still make these lovely gelatin art. For now I only have magazines numbers 7-15. Each magazine features different flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%