Ceramic Cake Stands

Decorating By staceyboots Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm by sweettoothmom

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 21

Hi CC

Does anyone know where I can find, other than the Wilton one, ceramic cake stands like the one at the top of this page (2-tier chocolate with white flower)? I am looking for a cake stand with a 9" plate.

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-cakes.aspx

TIA

20 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 21

lots of neat cake stands here:

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3736961

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 21

Don't know if you have Homegoods/TJ Max in your area but here they have stands similar to that one.

missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 21

YESSSSS!!!!!!
I have an addiction to cake stands I have entirely too many of them. TJMaxx/HomeGoods usually has lots of them in different styles. For White ones Macy's has the Martha Stewart Line or I think you can them on her website. Ebay usually has tons. Amazon will have lots too.

Hope that helps it is a start at least
Michelle

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 21

I agree with missmikey....It does look very Martha Stewart-y!!! Good Luck...Have you looked at Target??

staceyboots Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 21

everyone, thank you so much for your suggestions!!

i found one on amazon.com that i like!!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 21

Glad you found what you were looking for! I have to agree that "trolling" stores like Marshall's, Ross, Tuesday Morning, and TJ Maxx often results in great finds. I, too, am addicted to cake stands and just last week I found a wonderful, heavy, white one at Ross with a scroll pattern around the rim. The only label on it said "Handmade in Portugal" with a picture of a rooster. I think I paid $10 for it. My 8" cake fit perfectly.

Here's what it looks like in case someone else is looking for one. I'm assuming some of these stores receive some of the same products, even if they are closeouts.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 21

Glad you found what you were looking for! I have to agree that "trolling" stores like Marshall's, Ross, Tuesday Morning, and TJ Maxx often results in great finds. I, too, am addicted to cake stands and just last week I found a wonderful, heavy, white one at Ross with a scroll pattern around the rim. The only label on it said "Handmade in Portugal" with a picture of a rooster. I think I paid $10 for it. My 8" cake fit perfectly.

Here's what it looks like in case someone else is looking for one. I'm assuming some of these stores receive some of the same products, even if they are closeouts.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:29pm
post #9 of 21

I'm glad you find something you liked on Amazon!

I was going to post but got sidetracked by the kids!!!

I have recently found this website www.thefind.com it seems to have all kinds of stuff listed here's an example for you:

http://www.thefind.com/kitchen/info-ceramic-cake-stand

HTH!

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 21

i agree. marshalls, tjmaxx etc have the cutest/unique cake stands.....

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 6:14pm
post #11 of 21

Do they have any online? I am not in an area where I can go shop at a retail establishment. So I have to shop online.

Anyone have any good suggestions for cake stands that I can purchase online or create myself?

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 7:32pm
post #12 of 21

I purchased all three sizes of these white stands from www.abcdistributing.com. Pay close attention to the sizes because they were smaller than I expected, but they are adorable and were inexpensive. They are real cute when stacked or used in a grouping. I regularly shop [url]www.amazon.com[\\url] and [url]www.overstock.com[\\url] looking for baking stuff and cake stands.

jules1719 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules1719 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:05pm
post #13 of 21

http://www.hardinsdelft.com/cake_plate.htm

I have several of the 12" milk glass cake plates. I highly recommend them. They are heavy as hell and look great.

staceyboots Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:16am
post #14 of 21

oh, kim! these cake stands are beautiful!!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:22am
post #15 of 21

Glad you like them! And at $4.95, $5.95, and $7.95 each, you can't beat the price! I think the smaller one will come in quite handy for photographing a special cupcake or miniature cake. So many cakes I want to bake; so little time. icon_sad.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:50am
post #16 of 21

I haven't found a 9" yet, but http://www.macys.com]Macy's has these beautiful Martha Stewart ones in 8", 10", and 12" - round (cream) or square (white). I LOVE the square ones! Boy, it's a good thing I gave up credit cards...we'd have cake stands on every horizontal surface of our home!

Oh! My birthday's coming up! PM me for my address if you feel compelled to ship me one. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll keep looking.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:24am
post #17 of 21

Happy birthday in advance, if I have any spare $$ hanging around I'll be sure to send you one!!! party.gifbirthday.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:28am
post #18 of 21

Thank you! icon_lol.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:43am
post #19 of 21

Do you lend out your pretty cake stands or do you place the cakes for clients on a foam board?

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:03am
post #20 of 21

I don't really have "clients" per se since I mostly bake for family and friends. I have loaned cake stands to really close friends, but only relatively inexpensive stands that I have purchased.

I did see a site once that sold a cake that came with a matching ceramic stand. The stand was "free" with the purchase of the cake, but I dare say it was included in the price! I suspect that it was a stand that they purchased wholesale from a company like Ganz, so it was a relatively low cost to them. I thought it was ingenious to market the two as a "custom cake and matching stand".

sweettoothmom Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm
post #21 of 21

That is a neat idea. I love it. I always fear my stand will return broken or scratched or chipped or something. I rarely bake for others (in a client/ baker relationship) that I use a stand. Usually foam board but I like this idea so much more. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%