Australians - Cellogen?

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm by deliciously_decadent

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 7

I have found a recipe for Mexican paste that I want to make, but it contains cellogen. Is this the same as tylose? If so, do I substitute the same amount or is one stronger than the other?

TIA!

6 replies
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 7

Any of our Australian ladies awake now that can help me out?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 7

I have been told in the past that cellogen is the same as Tylose or CMC.

I did an international search in Altavista, which calls Cellogen by the second name CMC, so unless there is something special in the AU formula that the websites didn't mention, it would be the same to me.

How about sharing that mexican paste recipe, Babe?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks sugar! It's in the recipe section under 'Mexican Flower Paste'. I'm going to use it with my very expensive Stephen Benison shoe cutter set (see the Global Sugar ad on the right!), to make a pair of shoes for my shoeaholic employer - she has about 100 pairs of Jimmy Choo, Prada, etc.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 7

Hey, Babe!

Thanks for the info on the recipe.

I wanted to tell you -

I taught my son to Fox Trot the other day. Nothing fancy, just the basic and a few turns. Thought of you and my friend, Debbi, since you're both into Ballroom bigtime.

He has a new girlfriend, and amazingly, they are both into Big Band and swing. He wants me to teach her, too, but I'm not sure I could do the guy's part.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 7

Yes I agree, it's much better to be led than to lead, but remember Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did but in heels and backwards lol!

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 7

celogyn is the same as tylose and CMC i use it every day (on the goldcoast by the way icon_biggrin.gif ) if the recipe calls for celogyb you can directly substitute it for tylose , but if it calls for gumpaste you need to use double the celogyn/tylose/CMC. hope it helped!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%