Cafe Menu Selection

Decorating By Rochelle1 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:45pm by playingwithsugar

Rochelle1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rochelle1 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #1 of 2

I want to make a pitch to supply a Book shop/cafe with items. They hace no chillers and seem interested in single servings. I have a few items I have in mind but not sure how long they last without refrigeration.

So far I have thought of

Cookies
muffins
cupcake
Danishes
Flaky pastry items
Biscoti
Chocolate truffles
pecan squares
Brownies

If I could get anymore suggestions I would be most happy. What do you think I can package them in so they are ready to serve at the cafe with minnium exertion by the staff at the Bookshop/cafe.

Oh yeah I live in the tropics. The store will have a/c but it would be turned of for the night. Wooried that the items I select may not have a good shelf life

Thanks a Million Guys

1 reply
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 2

If there is no AC at night, I would skip the truffles. You may end up with puddles.

Are they putting the items in a display case, or will they be in baskets on the counter? At the local Barnes and Noble Bookseller, the Starbucks they have in there does not package anything which is in the display case, just what is sold from containers on the counter.

You should check with them to see what type of packaging they will be required to use by the local health department, before investing in items you might not need.

Good luck on your pitch!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%