Does Anyone Have Epson Cx7450 All In One Printer?

Decorating By Pghnana Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 2:03am by suzyqqq27

Pghnana Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 14

It is in the sales flyer for $29 at Target. Does this printer work well for edible images?

13 replies
Molly2 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 12:36am
post #2 of 14

Go to this website and go to the second page it should give you the info you want I think it will work the the information should tel you more.

delisa01 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:31am
post #3 of 14

Here is another thread that talks about the same printer.

suzyqqq27 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:36am
post #4 of 14

I have this printer. It is a scanner, printer and copier. I use the scanner a lot and it seems to work well for the edible far. I've only done about 10-15 so far on it. I have no complaints so far. It constantly tells me that I"m out of ink when I'm really not but I just tell it to continue and that's fine. At first it was sucking in the paper really fast and I was afraid that it would break them, however, I realized that if I change the setting to "photo" or "best photo" that it doesn't do this and it pulls the paper in nice and slowly. I certainly paid more than $29 and I think that's a steal.

See the attached picture, the Backyardigans are an edible image done on my Epson - I think the colour is even better than my Canon - but to be fair, I had a cheap Canon.

Hope this helps,

MichelleM77 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:10am
post #5 of 14

I saw this too, I think someone else posted about it, and so now I think I'm going to at least get the printer even if I can't buy the ink and other supplies just it. Glad to hear it works well!

Pghnana Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 14

I bought the printer 'cause I couldn't pass up that great price. Now I'm on the hunt for the ink. I see at Kopykake the set is $72. Is this an average price or is there a better deal elsewhere? Also, are frosting sheets different from rice paper or wafer paper? I did a cake for my grandson's birthday last year with an edible image I bought online and it was like eating paper. I even put the image on several days before the party and it was still like paper.

Molly2 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:08am
post #7 of 14

I have only bought from kopykakes and I've only used the frosting sheets from them I have had no problem with either I have checked different places
but I still go back to kopykakes it seems all prices are the same

newnancy Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:41pm
post #8 of 14

How long does the ink last or about how many pictures can you get from the ink set? I know it varies I was just wondering if there is a ballpark figure out there.....Thanks

Molly2 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:00pm
post #9 of 14

I have used 8 of 1/4 sheet and 3 of circle sheets and I and I'm still using the same ink tanks I think it all depends on your pictures and how much you use per picture.

Price Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:12pm
post #10 of 14

I have the Epson CX5000 (all in one) It works great for the edible images. I did have a sheet jam once, but was able to get it out with a lot of patience! The colors are pretty good, except I can never get the red to come out really red! I comes out more of a brown/red. I hadn't used it for at least 2 months and the other night decided to run a sheet through it just to make sure the ink hadn't dried up. It printed perfectly!

BTW - suzyqqq227, the colors on your image came out great! What a cute cake.

newnancy Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:01pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks Molly, appreciate the help.

Molly2 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:57pm
post #12 of 14

I have the Epson CX8400 I go into my printer settings and put it on Premium Presentation Paper Matte the colors on my images come out great. Just an idea.

Price Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:21pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks, I'll give it a try the next time I print an image.

suzyqqq27 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:03am
post #14 of 14

Yah, I was happy with the colours on this one - my Canon colours never turned out quite so nicely. I too used the Premium Presentation Matte Paper setting and chose Best Photo for quality. It uses more ink but the pictures are better and what I like best is that it doesn't yank the paper into the machine - that always makes my heart skip a beat thinking I'll be picking out little pieces of frosting from the printer if it breaks.

Thanks for the compliment,

Quote by @%username% on %date%