Cookie Opportunity...need Help!

Decorating By FlyGirl08 Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 5:02pm by Tallmama

FlyGirl08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlyGirl08 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 12

Besides cake decorating, I'm also a flight attendant. Several people at my base know about what I do and now, I've been asked to do decorated cookies for a reception on Friday. Several company leaders are flying in from headquarter including the VP of Inflight and the CEO of the company! One hundred cookies were ordered....this is a HUGE opportunity as this could really snowball into lots of business for company events! HELP! Any suggestions would really be appreciated. The only request was that all the cookies be in the shape of hearts (if that helps with the airline that I work for....another hint...the leaders are flying in from Dallas Lovefield). THANKS IN ADVANCE for all your help!

11 replies
cakeladyem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyem Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 12

Congrats on a great opportunity! What is it exactly you need help with? Decorating ideas? Recipes? Sorry, but I am a little slow in the mornings... icon_smile.gif

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 12

Wow congrats! That is great! What is it you need help with? Let us know and I cant wait to see what you come up with.

Alicia

FlyGirl08 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 12

Decorating ideas and a great (and easy) recipe. Thanks!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 12

nfsc (did i get that right) and antonia's RI are no brainere and hold up really well (dry overnight and you can package without sticking) as for decorating i'm a visual learner so i'd suggest going through the galleries or search hearts and i'm sure you'll get plenty of inspiration icon_smile.gif hth good luck!

Gatorfan01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gatorfan01 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 12

What about doing the hearts in red, white & blue or the company's colors? Or do them all in different colors (solid) and then put tiny fondant planes on them.

For a recipe you should try the NFSC (no fail sugar cookie) recipe here. It gets rave reviews.

Good luck and don't forget to post photos.

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 12

what first comes to mind is putting the company logo on the cookies. you can put an airplane on the cookies or maybe make them look like the sky and clouds. hope these are not too lame.......

mona1949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mona1949 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 12

I have used this cookie recipe which doesn't spread. I got it off the Internet but not sure where.

6 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups butter ( I use Blue Bonnet)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

This is a great recipe when using cookie cutters. It doesn't spread. Your cookies will be the same shape after you bake as they were before. This recipe makes 8 dozen 3 inch cookies. I freeze what I don't need.

Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy, abut 5 minutes. Add eggs and flavoring. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and add to butter mixture. Mix well. Put a hand full of the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to desired thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters. Bake in preheated 350 oven. Cool on racks and then decorate. You could look at Karen's cookies and she has a photo gallery of pictures. Good Luck.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:53pm
post #9 of 12

I've got an idea--what about in the heart you write something like "flying with luv" and have wings on either side or "fly with luv on your side". Okay, I know could be a little dopey, but I think something with the word luv in it would work perfectly.

PM me if you would like a really good cookie recipe-sugar cookie that is.

FlyGirl08 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:57pm
post #10 of 12

The 'luv' part is perfect! Do you think it is legally ok to put the company logo on it? I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:02pm
post #11 of 12

since it's for a company event i don't see a problem

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:02pm
post #12 of 12

You work for the company and it is for a company event so you should be fine. I think that if you were using the logo for someone else that is not involved with the company then you might have problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%