What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?

Baking By Mommy23 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm by bakinccc

Mommy23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy23 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make 300 cookies for a ground breaking ceremony for our church this weekend. We attend a methodist church so I would like to put the Methodist Cross and Flame symbol on them. I thought about a round cookie cover in white fondant then the cross and flame in the middle but not real sure what the best way would be to do the symbol. I don't have a way to do edible images. So what would be the easiest option? I have used royal and fondant quite a bit for my cookies but not sure how to get the cleanest look. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Erica

2 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 3

How about a rectangle or oval cookie with the flame in fondant and the cross RI?

Good luck with your order!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 3

I think if that was me I'd try a royal icing transfer. Put your design under wax paper, trace the outline of the flame in red first and fill in, let dry, then trace the outline of the black cross and fill. Let it all dry. Flood your round cookies and before it's set drop your transfer onto the surface so it sticks.

I have to say i've never done this before so I'd do some testing, but someone here recently did that with success. A chocolate transfer would work too I think. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%