Colette Peters Cake Classes

Decorating By amy27 Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm by PollyMaggs

amy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy27 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #1 of 12

I am looking at taking collete peters calss in orlando in december has anyone taken one of her classes, how did you like it, did you get a lot of great and wonderful information in this class. thanks.

11 replies
thebarley7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebarley7 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy27

I am looking at taking collete peters calss in orlando in december has anyone taken one of her classes, how did you like it, did you get a lot of great and wonderful information in this class. thanks.

Hi, I am also going to the first class at the Notter school in Dec.. I wish they would post a syllabus because I've been a decorator for a long time and wonder if I should take the first class or jump to the second one. Please let me know if you hear any replies. Thanks, Donna

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 11:07am
post #3 of 12

amy27
can you post the info on that class in Orlando??
I didn't even know there was going to be one.

thebarley7 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

amy27
can you post the info on that class in Orlando??
I didn't even know there was going to be one.

It is at the Notter School of Pastry Arts in Orlando. Look up Notterschool.com>continuing education>class schedule>december classes. The first class is 12/1 to 12/3, the second class is 12/5 to 12/7. Each class is $820.00 tutition, I don't know if there are other fees since I just signed up. Donna

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 12

I took both classes in Notter School and I had so much fun...Im new in the cake decorating biz and I enjoyed every minute of her class. Every tip she gave was treasured in my cake book and in my camera. Remember take a notebook and a camera you will use it a lot. I attached the dummy cake I did. It was my first and I was surprised with the outcome

first two hours you can ask her questions. first day is doing flowers, second day cover cake, third day finish dec. the cake... All three day she give out techniques and if you wonder how to do something you can ask and she will demostrate it.
LL
LL

amy27 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:53pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarley7

Quote:

Hi, I am also going to the first class at the Notter school in Dec.. I wish they would post a syllabus because I've been a decorator for a long time and wonder if I should take the first class or jump to the second one. Please let me know if you hear any replies. Thanks, Donna

I am thinking about taking the advance class becuase I have been deocorating for about 4 years and I feel like I would be fine in the advance class I would just hate to take the beginners class and not get enough out of it snice it costs a lot of money. I talked to the lady at the school and she said if you feel comfortable working with fondant I would be ok she said the class does move a little fast but I am excited to learn some new grea stuff. maybe I will see you there I am going to take the class dec 5-7.

thebarley7 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarley7

Quote:

I am thinking about taking the advance class becuase I have been deocorating for about 4 years and I feel like I would be fine in the advance class I would just hate to take the beginners class and not get enough out of it snice it costs a lot of money. I talked to the lady at the school and she said if you feel comfortable working with fondant I would be ok she said the class does move a little fast but I am excited to learn some new grea stuff. maybe I will see you there I am going to take the class dec 5-7.

I emailed Collette Peters to see if I should just take the 2nd class, I am awaiting a reply. I have been decorating for 20 years, been a Wilton instructor for 15 years, and I work as head decoarator in a commercial bakery, but I really want to perfect my fondant, so I hate to miss any tips offered in the first class. BUT, it is a lot of money, and I am already somewhat proficient at fondant, so I guess I'm leaning toward the advanced class. I already paid for the beginner class, so I guess I will see if they will transfer it to the advanced. Thanks for the info amy! icon_smile.gif Nice cake Jovy icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 12

I loved her class at Notter School! The staff is so nice and they bring in wonderful chocolates for the class to sample! icon_lol.gif

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:55am
post #9 of 12

wow you guys are making me very excited.
I would definitely take the beginner class.

Jovy that cake is beautiful

amy27 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #10 of 12

hi donna did you here back from colette yet, I am sure you would be fine in the advance class with your experince Amy.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:50pm
post #11 of 12

ughhhh! Im so jealous icon_cry.gif I wish i didnt live in such a crappy state!!! icon_cry.gif

PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #12 of 12

Ditto Vanna, I'm another bug squisher in crappy Louisiana...lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%