Best Laundry Tips For Aprons????

Decorating By korkyo Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 9:27pm by sugarflour2

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 6

I'm having a hard time getting the chocolate and cake color stains and the overall odor out of my aprons and towels. I use one of those oxy clean products with no luck. They still small like old icing.

ICK!!
Any suggestions.

5 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 6

Plastic aprons and paper towels! heheheh
Seriously, they do have a fabric type apron that looks like it is laminated with a plastic coating...just wipes off.

If you like a lot of citrus, save the peels , chunk them up and 'simmer' in water till you extract all the oils. Dispose of the peels, save the liquid and mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with detergent.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:17am
post #3 of 6

This is why I was so happy when I was able to switch to a linen service for the shop. I have 80 clean towels every other week and 20 clean red aprons that I don't have to wash! (happy dance! happy dance!)

Before that, I bleached the heck out of my towels and eventually just bought a new package at Sam's!

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #4 of 6

Soak them in Biz.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:48am
post #5 of 6

If they are white--Clorox baby clorox.

Jibbies

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 6

I use the Clorox pen it does a great job. You do have to stand there and attach every spot one at a time, but It really does the job. Also, if you don't have the pen, pour the Clorox in the cap of the bottle and the pour it directly on the area you want to clean and then rub the material together to loosen the dirt. Make sure you do this just before you throw it into the washer, otherwise you'll end up with holes in your apron.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%