Cake Book Recommendation Or Great Cake Receipes

Decorating By beamom Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 5:04am by CuteCakeName

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking to improve my cakes and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cake book that is good. My designes are wonderful but the flavors doesn't satisfiy me. I haven't had a customer that fell head over heels for the taste of my cakes and that is a problem for me and my busness. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I really need some help.

3 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:41am
post #2 of 4

I really love the cake doctor book. You enhance the flavors of box mixes with add in ingredients.

If you look in the recipes here you will find a cake mix extender recipe that is an add in for any flavor mix. It makes a firmer yummier cake.

Good luck

cecerika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cecerika Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:53am
post #3 of 4

I really like the taste of the cake mix doctor cakes too. My problem is finding cakes that taste good and can be carved too. Any help???

CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 5:04am
post #4 of 4

I, too, love the Cake Mix Doctor. I picked up her Cupcakes! book for $5 at a book fair, and I have completely changed the way I feel about baking. I used to dread baking, but now I feel confident, and I'm learning how to experiment and develop my own recipes and techniques. I highly reccomend it. Oh - I also have the Cake Mix Bible, but I'm not in love with that one. The recipes aren't as interesting. Hope that helps!

Heather

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%