Help...cake Is Due In 2 Hours And Fbct Will Not Freeze!!!

Decorating By clopin0 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm by JanH

clopin0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clopin0 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 5

My FBCT has been in the freezer since last night. I just tried putting it on the cake and now it will not come off the parchment paper. What should I do?

4 replies
turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 5

Sometimes when I do a FBCT, I have to help the edges along. Once I get them started, the rest will come off. I just use an icing spatula and run it under the edge. You will have to touch up the edge, but it beats having to do the whole thing over again. Maybe someone else will have a better solution.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 5

I'm probably too late, but the first thing I wonder is if your freezer is cold enough? Probably is.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that your recipe wasn't quite right to use with a FBCT. I always use waxed paper, so I don't know if parchment is a little stickier to use.

If I were in your situation, I would make my freezer as cold as possible. Then I would have absolutely everything ready so that I could try to transfer it within the first 5 seconds or so coming out of the freezer. If it still wanted to stick, I would use a thin bladed knife to try to start the edges.

I'm sorry, that's all I've got!

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 5

I've never done a FBCT, but would it help if you lay it directly on top of some ice cubes? Would putting lots of ice cubes in a plate or bowl and then placing your FBCT on top of it work? I would think this would only work if your FBCT is at least semi-hard to begin with so that the irregular ice cubes do not distort the transfer. Or how about lying it on top of a frozen dinner? This way the box is flat. I would probably do this in addition to making your freezer as cold as possible since you have such a tight deadline. Good luck!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%