I Need Help!!

Decorating By heatherarave Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 12:41am by jibbies

heatherarave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heatherarave Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:23am
post #1 of 4

I am trying to make a caterpillar cake for my twins b-day. I decided that I would make a cake and put it in a cookie sheet (Like a sheet cake) to put the caterapiller on. I used 1 1/2 of the boxed cake mixes. I baked the cake and when I when I turned it out of the pan the middle part of the cake wouldn't come out of the pan. I KNOW I put enough cake release on it. Does anyone have a recipe for a yellow sheet cake?

3 replies
shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:27am
post #2 of 4

I've never used this, but I found it in the recipes section the other day.

http://forum.CakeCentral.com/cake_recipe-342-Cake-Mixes-from-Scratch-and-Variations.html

But there are only 2 stars, so I don't know if you'd want to risk it. There are tons of recipes in the recipe section, though, so hopefully you can find on that would work.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:37am
post #3 of 4

If you can, get more boxes, but after you spray your pan, line it with parchment paper and then spray it again. The cake will come out of the pan cleanly and then you can peel the paper off easily, too.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #4 of 4

I noticed that you said in your post that you used 1 1/2 boxes of cake mix. Are you talking about the dry mix that you only used half of it. If so that is probably why your cake did not work well, they are not designed to be partially used. The ingredients are blended for the amout of oil water and eggs stated on the box if you don't use the correct amount it can throw off the performance of the batter. If yu have too much batter bake some cupcakes or a small round or square cake to practice on. Whenever I need a yellow cake mix I use the butter recipe yellow cake mix the one you put a stick of butter in. (Pillsbury).Hope this helps.

Jibbies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%