How Do I Decorate A Cupcake???

Baking By lissalu Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 1:49am by zoomzone

lissalu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissalu Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 7

I'm new to this site and decorating. I wanted to make some cute cupcakes for my little girls birthday. How do I get the swril effect and what tips do I use? Any help would be great!!
Thanks!

6 replies
abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 7

I use tip 2D for the perfect swirl. When you make the swirl, make sure you rotate your wrist and not your whole arm, that will make the frosting kind of fold onto itself. Welcome to the addiction that we all enjoy, called Cake Central! icon_smile.gif You are among friends! icon_biggrin.gif

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 7

You can use tip 1M for the perfect swirl.. or you can use the cupcakes as a flower nail and make flowers right on top of them.

Just search on youtube and there's a video with a lady making carnations and some other flower on cupcakes and it's too cute...and very simple. you just turn the cupcake and wiggle your bag until you reach the center, and I believe she uses the rose tip 104.

I wish I had the link, but I'm at work and we can't access youtube..sorry icon_sad.gif

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for asking this question. So far, I've just been a cookie gal, but lately, I CANNOT stop thinking of cupcakes!! icon_smile.gif I'd love to hear some basic tips so I can start making some.
Thanks everybody!

wolfsonmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfsonmom Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:37am
post #5 of 7

I use 2D and 1M all the time. You should practice using them (and any others you have on hand) and just see what works for you.

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #6 of 7

Wilton has this tutorial on making the 1M swirls on cupcakes:

http://www.wilton.com/technique/1M-Swirl

I find the more I do the better I get at making them! thumbs_up.gif

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:49am
post #7 of 7

Here is a video on the swirl

I find, for me the carnations were easier! HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%