Can I Borrow?

Decorating By chef_ang Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm by cakehelp

chef_ang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chef_ang Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 7

I have been a cake decorator for 6 years now. And over the years have lost my pictures and here in like 2 weeks i have a wedding show/convention to do. With not many picture. If there is anyone that would please give me permission to use a copy of a wedding cake that you did it would be greatly appreciated. I will only take ones i know for sure of the skill and how to do them so that I am not asking you a million questions on how to do the cake and you tell me everything and get nothing for giving away your secrets. I have seen a lot of threads of people "stealing" pictures and i do not wish to do that, as i think it is wrong and disrespectful. I do not wish it on me so i would rather have permission. Thanks!

6 replies
cakelady15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady15 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 7

I only have a few in my photos on here and they are pretty simple cakes, but you are welcome to them if you would like. I'm always willing to help out a fellow Ohioanicon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 7

If I had any wedding cake pics you would be welcome to them icon_smile.gif
Unfortunately I've only done wedding showers icon_sad.gif
But good luck in your quest, and kudos to you for asking and not just taking! icon_biggrin.gif

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 7

I don't have many of wedding cake quality but you are welcome to use anything you see.

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 7

Not sure if I'm right or not and I think it's super nice of you to ask first. But, I think you could use anyone's pictures, right? As long as you put on there that "this cake was made by blahblahblah" Just tell the person that these are ideas and things in your skill level, etc. But that's so sweet of you to ask first!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 7

you can use my one an only that is posted. It was my screw up. When I woke up in the a.m. all of the icing had melted off of it. This is what my husband and I were able to do in order to get it to the church on time. Huh, sounds like a song!!!! lol

All I ended up doing was icing it and puttine flowers on it.

Lu

cakehelp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehelp Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 7

I'm sorry to hear you lost your pictures. That really sucks! icon_sad.gif

The easiest way for you is probably to search the gallery for pics you like, and then pm the person who made them and ask if you could use their pics. Happy to see someone actually asking and not just taking that we have seen in so many threads. I think many people (not all) will let you use their picture if you ask nicely and don't intend to put them up on a website saying you made them icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, you cannot put pics up on any site if you don't own the pics or have permission from the owner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%