Need Recipe For Strawberry Filled With Cheesecake???

Baking By abed Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 2:21pm by teddybr218

abed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abed Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:49am
post #1 of 4

I recently saw this last week on Paula Deen, she filled cheesecake inside a strawberry. I can't find the recipe for the cheesecake. Did anyone see this episode or have the recipe???? thanks.

3 replies
No-goodLazyBum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
No-goodLazyBum Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 4

20 whole large strawberries, hulled
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup confectioners' powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
2/3 cup chopped pecans

Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each strawberry so the berries stand upright. Place berries, cut side down, on a serving platter. Carefully cut the berries into 4 wedges, cutting almost to, but not through, the bottoms with a criss-cross cut. Fan wedges just slightly, taking care not to break them. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until combined but still stiff. Using a teaspoon or pastry bag with decorative tip, fill the strawberries with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the stuffed strawberries. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

abed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abed Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you, that's exactly it!!!

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 4

I make these all the time for parties and such, they look so much harder than they really are. But I use Philadephia Cheesecake, it comes in a large tub already made, it is for making cheesecakes that you just add it to a crust.

I just add a little vanilla or almond extract. And then after piping the filling into the strawberries, I roll the end in graham cracker crumbs.

I know it is not homemade, but it is easy and everyone loves it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%