Just Wondering.why Do Some Pics Stay On The Front Page ..

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 9:39pm by JodieF

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 4

sooo long and others hardly a moment? icon_confused.gif Example..i've seen the same cakes posted on the front page since yesterday. Why don't they turn over quicker? It seems kinda unfair for some peoples pictures to stay in the spotlight for sooo long and others barely get a moments notice. Just wondering.

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 4

The photos are divided into three categories.

The "Newest Cake Photos" have the fastest turnover since members are adding pics all the time. (During periods when lots of photos are added, the time on the front page is decreased. Some might get bumped without ever making it to the front page during periods of batch loading.)

There is less turnover in the other categories because they're subject to different criteria (than just being downloaded).

Jackie & Heath provide this wonderful, and free website with so many great features and resources....

It saddens me that with all they've done, some members always find something to complain about whether it be the moderating policies, the length of time the photos are highlighted or lack of other software updates. icon_sad.gif

There are only so many hours in a day, Jackie & Heath have done so much for all the CC members can't we be grateful and patient.

Don't mean any disrespect to you by stealing your thread. icon_smile.gif

But this general subject (Why don't Jackie & Heath..., or can't they...) comes up over and over and over.....and for me it's getting really old.

This post must have been the straw that broke the camel's back (on this topic for me).

Please disregard if this doesn't pertain to you. (I'm sure this doesn't apply to OP.)

Just a little venting on my part.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 4

I understand why it seems weird, since the all time favorites, etc stay there a long time.
With 175,686 members (at last count); there are so many cakes that being uploaded, that I don't even bother putting mine on, any more. Nothing particularly special about them, so I leave the space for others.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 4

I understand your vent. This site is wonderful. There just doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason for the length of time if you don't understand how the site works, so I understand why the OP would ask.

I will admit though, when you post a cake you're SO proud of and it barely makes the front page or doesn't make it at all, it makes a person sad. It happened to me today.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1254183

I'm human, I like compliments too! icon_lol.gif

Jan...your explanation was great though, and I'm sure a lot more people will understand how it all works now.

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%