Chocolate Pudding Filling

Decorating By carmenid Updated 13 Dec 2014 , 8:10pm by ripo2nd

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:55am
post #1 of 9

Any good recipes or brands that I can use? I have never used pudding as a filling before! I am guessing it is perishable, correct?

8 replies
DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:56am
post #2 of 9

me neither..
thar's a good question.. icon_lol.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #3 of 9

i just use jello instant pudding and 1 1/2 cups heavy whip and beat it really stiff. you do need to keep in the fridge.

if you are doing an adults cake you can add 1/2 cup liquer 1 cup hv - yummy!!!!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:09am
post #4 of 9

Hey Janelwaters I smile everytime I see you post becuse of your cute Avatar, I'm the one who told you about shrinkpictures.com
She' a cutie-pie
By the way I'm wondering if you could add jello gelatine powder to heavy whipping cream and mix to make a mousse hmmm I think I will try it.

Jibbies

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

i just use jello instant pudding and 1 1/2 cups heavy whip and beat it really stiff. you do need to keep in the fridge.

if you are doing an adults cake you can add 1/2 cup liquer 1 cup hv - yummy!!!!

Do you make the pudding first and let it set or do you use the cream instead of milk?

I dont do perisable filings at all, (its actaully not allowed for home bakeries in NC, so I never got into them to begin with) but I have been wanting to make some really good mousse for my DH bday next week!

APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #6 of 9

Some people, believe it or not, don't realize pudding is perishable, even after you tell them a gazillion times and tell them to refrigerate their cake. I made a cake for a college graduation (long time coming, 15 years to get a bachelors, but hey icon_smile.gif ). Cake was chocolate with chocolate pudding filling on one tier.
Cake was awesome - everyone loved it. Lots of raves.
4 days later, the recipient said she got sick after eating the cake. For the life of me, I could not figure out why. Turns out she left the cake OUT (in Florida heat / summertime) for 4 days...smelled it, kind of winced but ate a piece... ANYWAY.
icon_confused.gif Um, gross...no wonder she got sick.
Please forwarn your customers and THEN just to be sure, tell an intelligent friend of theirs that the cake is perishable icon_lol.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:31am
post #7 of 9

I believe I have read before that a pudding filling must be kept refrigerated. People have even asked "What if you use those Snack Pack puddings that are NOT in the fridge at the store," and the answer was that, once opened, even those are to be kept refrigerated. The comparison was made to mayonnaise. You buy it on the shelf at the store, but once it's opened, you must keep it in the fridge or it'll spoil. I usually refrigerate a pudding filling myself.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 3:16am
post #8 of 9

use the heavy whip in place of milk - you can use any flavor pudding

let me know how the jello works

thank you so much for telling me how to do the avatar! she was in 7th heaven that day!!

ripo2nd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ripo2nd Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 8:10pm
post #9 of 9

I used jello instant pudding before, but recently found a much nicer chocolate pudding. ts much nicer, and they use real Dutch Cocoa, rick in flavor! They have really good prices as it is manufactured in the Czech Republic. Their website is https://www.juzlova.cz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%