Family Pics-Where Do You Get Them Taken?

Lounge By michellenj Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm by michellenj

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone,

My ds's preschool wants all the children to bring in a family photo, so I thought it would be nice to get one of the whole family. Last year, we had it taken at a place called Sadies, which specializes in children's photography, but it was like $250 and I was not completely happy with our pictures. I was thinking about Sears or JCPenney's, but it is such an effort to get them done, I'm afraid that they won't do a good job.

Do any of you have any experience/recommendations for me? Thanks so much!

9 replies
shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 3:33am
post #2 of 10

We have ours done at Penny's. I have always been happy with them. I sure other places can take better but I am not willing to spend a fortune either.
LL

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 11:13am
post #3 of 10

We often use Target. I don't know if they all have a photo studio, but we are usually happy with their work. They are also affordable.

shooterstrigger, great family photo!

michellenj Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 10

What a sweet pic!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 10

we've gone to sears for the past 6 years. you can get coupons on their web site. they've done a great job for us (even with 3 kids) a good 95% of the time.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 10

I use Portrait Innovations for studio pics. My soon-to-be aunt is a photographer though, so she'll be doing them from now on!

The top one is our Christmas pic from 2007 (done in Nov). The bottom one is from Christmas 2006 (also done in Nov).
LL
LL

michellenj Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:00am
post #7 of 10

Oh, I love your pics too! I think we got a Portrait Innovations in our new mall.

Amia Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:43am
post #8 of 10

Portrait Innovations is great! I always get the 3 pose package which comes out to like $75 but they give you a CD with all the pics they took, so you can print out more later. Most of the time they have a $10.95 one pose deal. You get a lot of prints with that, but no CD.

Amia Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:46am
post #9 of 10

I forgot to mention, unlike Sears or Penney's, the photographers have hand held cameras (I think they use Nikons), so they're able to catch some really cute expressions that you would miss if you had to wait for the photog to set up the shot then take the pic. There are hardly any bad pics and if there are, they take like 100 shots. The hard part is narrowing it down to just 3 poses. Oh and the portraits are ready in an hour.

michellenj Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm
post #10 of 10

I'm going to call them today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%