Your Best Italian Meringue Buttercream(Imbc)- Please?!

Baking By tinas-treats Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 3:25am by tinas-treats

tinas-treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinas-treats Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

Anyone have a really good IMBC recipe? I have an outdoor wedding cake coming up (no shade, no AC, bride wants buttercream only-crazy crazy) and I hear this is the best to use. If so, I need a recipe. Thanks for all the help. thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:28am
post #2 of 4

As the cake professional, you really need to sit the bride down and advise her of what she can and can't have based on the venue.

IMBC isn't going to hold up outside in hot weather. icon_sad.gif

A hi-ratio b/c or even an all Crisco b/c would have the greatest chance of not melting under the conditions you've described.

Here's an everything you ever wanted to know about making your 1st tiered cake thread:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5958955-.html

The above threads has popular CC recipes for frosting and cake and so much more.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

HTH

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 4

JanH--Full of knowledge. I looked at the thread that you posted and there was so much info!!! Thanks!

tinas-treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinas-treats Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the thread! There are a ton of great tips. I was going to use an all shortening b/c originally but saw a post somewhere that IMBC was better for hot/humid conditions. Thanks for clearing that up. I've already had to make a few hundred cala lilies in blood red.

Sadly, as for telling the bride what she can/can't have- its a low-to-no budget wedding and the only thing they are having at the reception is cake! So hopefully we get to it a lot faster! It will just be really funny if it rains! icon_cry.gif No-No I didn't even think that! tapedshut.gif

Thanks again for the thread. I will have to find a way to "bookmark" it or somethign to get to it faster in the future.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%