Half Chocolate And Half White Sheet Cake.

Decorating By ali79756 Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 4:54pm by jmt1714

ali79756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali79756 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 8

can someone please tell me how to do a half and half sheet cake..
please help!!!

7 replies
T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:27am
post #2 of 8

If you are making a double layer cake, then just bake one sheet cake of each flavor... cut cakes in half then fill and stack, then put them together closely on a board... That's how I did my humane society cake... if you plan on moving it, make sure it is a sturdy board or it will show a crack or bow where the cakes meet.

Hope that helps!

Or bake a half sheet of each and then go from there.

I don't know how other's might do it, maybe someone with more experience than me will know better.

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:42am
post #3 of 8

I make both flavors then have someone help me pour them at the same time. Just dont overfill.It was an 11x15. i did that tonight and have to clean the oven now!! LOL. I had enough left over to make an 8x3 in round. i made marble cake with it.

Have fun!!

~Shannon

ladeebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladeebug Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:45am
post #4 of 8

What Shanille21 said. I pour batters at the same time and it works out pretty good. I've heard some people make a little wall out of foil, folded for added stability, and then pull it out when the batters settle, but I find it unnecessary. Good luck. icon_biggrin.gif

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:46am
post #5 of 8

ali...I just Pm'd you. But for those who would like a picture tutorial on how to do this in ONE PAN BY YOURSELF...PM me and leave your email, so I can forward it to you.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 8

i was told that you could bake them together (if you use a large sheet pan) pour half-vanilla and then slightly tip the pan and pour in the other half-chocolate. i was told that the chocolate bakes a bit higher so you have to level it off i haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet myself but i will hope that helps L)

ali79756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali79756 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 4:01pm
post #7 of 8

thank u all so much for the advise i think im gonna try and pour both at the same time........ maybe i can get my hubby to help icon_wink.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 8

I think baking separately is WAYYYYYYYY easier. You cna't tell at all once you put them together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%