What Cake Compliment Made You Light Up Inside?

Decorating By Swede-cakes Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 2:14pm by missmeg

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadPhoeMom

okay, wait! i just thought of another one....

i once baked a cake for a fella...and he took one bite and kissed me, right on the cheek!

he later wrote me a note that said 'the only thing sweeter than your cake is your cheek!'

his name? Alton Brown.

What a compliment! I love watching Alton Brown! I hope you still have the note!

ConnieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieJ Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:07am
post #92 of 97

I made a housewarming cake for my friend and her husband. The cake was a 1/4 sheet at the bottom, with a small square cake at the top that i made into a house. at the end of the housewarming party her husband saved the house and would not let my best friend eat it! he said no one had ever made anything like that for him and he just didn't want to ruin it. He even wanted to save the cats I made for the cake out of gumpaste because they represented their cats. It was one of the sweetest reactions I had ever received on a cake I made. icon_smile.gif

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:19am
post #93 of 97

I recently made a cake for a friends birthday party. When she saw it she started crying, said she had never had such a beautiful cake in her 32 years. Then when she ate it, she said she will never eat cake again unless I make it.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:21am
post #94 of 97

i got two and they are on my website.. here they are...
Lesley,
My experience with SSC from start to finish was outstanding. I absolutely loved my cake! I was so excited when I saw the cake as Anthony and I entered the reception. As you know, I truly had no idea of what I wanted in a wedding cake when we first spoke, but you were able to begin working along with me so patiently until you came up with a finished product. With a couple of ideas and your talent for cake designing, I think you may have outdone yourself with this one! Your talent for cake creations shined bright in the SoBe night on my wedding night. You truly were able to capture the true feel of South Beach in the cake you created for my destination wedding. All of my guests were so impressed with your design, the colors were perfect, the decorations were superb.....and the cake was delicious as well!.....can't wait until the first anniversary so we can cut into that top layer!....LOL I also must say that your customer service and professionalism was amongst the best of the best. Working along with you for the past few months on the designs and flavors of the cake was really fun, and the best part about this entire experience....I made a new friend!

I don't know what I would have done without you Lesley! Thank you so much for everything! I highly recommend your services to anyone who's interested. Feel free to have anyone looking for a reference contact me.

Thx again!
Jeanna McKinney-Guice"

Tell Randy also I said hi, he deserves a thanks also, it was his idea to make each slice a double flavor.....THX RANDY!!!!

and here is the second one...

"Lesley,
I just wanted to e-mail and say Thank You for such an awesome cake. it was the talk of the party. Not only was it gorgeous but is was one of the most delicious, moistest cakes I have ever had. My guests could not get over how delicious it was either. I will certainly give your name and number to everyone that needs a cake. My son would like you to do his birthday cake(His birthday is August 23) so I will be in touch soon. Again, Thank you sooo much, Carey and Katie"

(the reaction to this cake was the best... bc my husband was outside on the front porch while i walked the cake into the house.. one lady screamed so lound i almost dropped the cake..

but the first one made me tear up and get misty eyed...

superca_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superca_girl Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:58pm
post #95 of 97

For me it was a basket cake that my brother in law thought was not really cake so he stuck his finger in it !! I didnt like him sticking his finger in my cake but it was soo cool that he thought is was a real basket.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:29am
post #96 of 97

I am apart of the teacher appreciation committee for our PTO at school. The chairman asked me to make cupcakes for back to school so I made 120 and they went to school today. This afternoon I got 2 phone calls from teachers....one told me as soon as I answered that they were better than SEX!!! LOL!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif The other teacher told me that she'd leave her husband for them!!! icon_razz.gif They had me crackin up! Then tonight was open house so when I went with one of my kids everyone was stopping me in the hallway and HUGGING me!!! Telling me they loved me!!! I am definitely sooooo flattered!!! Isn't it amazing what emotions cake .... good cake..... will bring out in people????!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:14pm
post #97 of 97

Twice now I've had compliments that ran along the lines of an emphatic "I can't eat that - it's too pretty to cut." I have to laugh 'cause it's JUST CAKE people icon_lol.gif . I got my second one just this morning from one the officers of our company. That feels pretty good to me.

I'll post a pic of the cake later, but it was my grand finale cake for Wilton Course 2. I based the cake on the 1997 Wilton yearbook cover (if anyone has it). A basket of pansies. It turned out beautiful icon_smile.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%