Question About Pearl Dust.]

Decorating By abra526 Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 4:57am by pinklesley1

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:38am
post #1 of 7

I was thinking of making a two teired cake with chocolate buttercream. For the border i wanted to do alternating teal fondant balls and teal fondant blossoms. I wanted to dust the blossoms with pearl dust. My question is this: if i use white pearl dust, will the teal still show through, or is the pearl dust too opaque? I didn't see a teal pearl dust on the wilton site. This will be my first time working with pearl dust.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:09am
post #2 of 7

Is there a question in there?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:15am
post #3 of 7

Is there a question in there?

abra526 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:35am
post #4 of 7

Wow, my computer has a mind of its own! I typed twice as much as what showed up in the forum. My question was this: if i used teal colored fondant for the blossoms and balls in the border, will the teal show through a coat of white pearl dust? or is the pearl dust too opaque?

abra526 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:37am
post #5 of 7

Every time i type the name of the name of the product that i have a question about, it just repeats the product's name in my post. It's not letting me finish my post. What's wrong with this thing???

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:42am
post #6 of 7

It eats the questions when you type p earl d ust (without the spaces). I've noticed it before, it's not your computer, it's some issue with the link that the website automatically inserts when someone types those words.

To answer your question, you should probably try dusting one first and see how it looks...if it looks pretty or if it looks faded. You could also use some teal p earl d ust (LOL, fooling the CC gremlin here) to add the shine without changing the color.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:57am
post #7 of 7

i agree with texas rose... test it first.. i made the mistake of not doing it and had to refondant a whole cake bc the color washed it completely out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%