I Betcha Hobby Lobby Doesn't Have Americolor/does Wilton Gli

Decorating By nickymom Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 2:26am by nickymom

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 4

does it? I don't have time to order Americolor off line & I don't have money for next day air so I was wondering if one could paint w/ wilton's concentrate coloring.....also does wilton glitter give a noticable glisten/shine or would that be just a waste of money to buy?

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 4

No you will not find Americolor at a craft store. Yes you can paint with Wilton's colors. I have done it in the past and just thinned it down with extract/alcohol. Witon's PearlDust is just like traditional LusterDusts, just comes in fewer shades and is FDA approved. You can dry dust them on something or mix them with extract/acohol.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 4

No you will not find Americolor at a craft store. Yes you can paint with Wilton's colors. I have done it in the past and just thinned it down with extract/alcohol. Witon's PearlDust is just like traditional LusterDusts, just comes in fewer shades and is FDA approved. You can dry dust them on something or mix them with extract/acohol.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #4 of 4

T/Y TexasSugar....I drove about 40 minutes away to get 2 things of pearl dust. I'm about to go and try to paint w/ wilton concentrate...I'll mix it w/ some lemon extract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%