Using The Flower Nail As A 'core?'

Decorating By Eisskween Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 2:35pm by jammjenks

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 6

Hello, my name is Karen and I am new to the sight and just starting out. I have read about cakes 'doming,' and about the parchment and grease, flower, oil mixture and I would like to thank you all for your informative tips.

I have a question. I was reading about using the flower nail as a 'core.' How is this done? Where do you put the nail?

Thank so much for your answers and I am very happy that I found such a great site! icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Baking!
Karen

5 replies
JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 6

all you do is grease it like you do your pan (actually you can use spray pam on the nail but not on the rest of the pan) then just stick it in the center all the way to the bottom with the head (wide part) down. You can also put it in your pan and pour the batter over it- but if it moves make sure to center it. I use 2 in my 10x15 and above... centered about an inch apart. Then, When you flip your cake out of the pan- just remember to remove the nails. They don't get lost- the head will be visible.

Eisskween Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:48am
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much JanetBMe! You are a doll! Have a great evening! icon_biggrin.gif

wjmonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wjmonte Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 6

i only use pam, for everything..pans nails all of it i've never had a cake or a nail stick

Eisskween Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you WendyB! I appreciate the tip! icon_biggrin.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmonte

i only use pam, for everything..pans nails all of it i've never had a cake or a nail stick

Same here and I swear by the nail in my larger pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%