Fair News

Baking By deetmar Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 12:01pm by GeminiRJ

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 6

I put two cakes in the State Fair on Sunday and I got second and third place! I was ecstatic, since this was my first time entering.

I have two cakes going down today, then one next week, and one the following week.

I was disappointed that I didn't get any entry forms for cookies. I really wanted to enter them, but I was so nervous when I filled out the paper work, that I over looked them.

I am already working on ideas for next year, and I won't forget my cookies.

I wanted to show the pictures, but I still can't upload any.

5 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 6

Congratulations - how exciting that must have been! thumbs_up.gif

Let us know when you upload your pics; I love seeing winning entries!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 6

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the winning photos!

Sorry you forgot your cookies.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of those winning entries.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 6

Surprise, Surprise, when we took the other two cakes down today, we stopped by the cases to see my ribbons for the other two. I almost hit the ground, they had changed them from second and third, to both first places. I was shocked! I even went and asked one of the workers. She said that the Judges weren't aware of all the criteria, and they re-judged the cakes after I had already left.

So....to first places, for my first time at the Fair. I won't know on the two I dropped off today until Thursday. There were hundreds of cakes and I didn't feel like staying to watch them be judged. They had to actaully taste each layer on each cake. Now I love cake, but there is no way I would be able to do that.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 6

What great news for you, deetmar! You must be on cloud nine about now...I know I would be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%