Cake Airbrushes Anyone?????

Decorating By mrsscholler Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 2:28am by pinklesley1

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone I am looking to buy an airbrush for my cakes but I have no idea where to start. Where can I get one? Which kind is the best? Do a lot of fellow decorators use them? and is it worrth the money??? I know lots of questions. I just want to make sure I go with the right airbrush for my cakes.

8 replies
buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 9

my husband bought me one for my birthday last year, but I haven't really used it yet. I tried a couple of times, and definitely need to practice with it before using it on a cake that I'd sell.

He bought it online...sorry I don't remember where right now. But if you do searches here, I think there are quite a few threads about them and places to buy them and which brands are good etc etc etc....

best of luck!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:37am
post #3 of 9

i got mine on airbrushcity.com for $44. (I believe their 100 model.) It's a gravity-fed (from which what I've read are the best to get in any field). I got my compressor at Harbor Freight for $60. It works fantastic, I love it.

Occasionally airbrush city has 50% off sales, and free shipping promotions.

Harbor Freight also sells airbrushes for $10 if you just wanted to play with one. They had a combo set for $60 last time I was there. They have stores all over the US, or you can order online.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:38am
post #4 of 9

I have the copykake one it seems to be ok since its the only one I have tried. Its like 250 They sold a ton of them at the ices convention this year.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:01am
post #5 of 9

sorry it was repeated

pinklesley1 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:01am
post #6 of 9

i got mine on ebay from powerkat ... it s awesome.. it is my new toy... i love it ... i paid 100.... i was going to get the copycake one... but it was too expensive, so my dad found the one he got me on ebay for 100...

all you have to do is go on ebay and search "cake airbrush"

pinklesley1 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:02am
post #7 of 9

repeated again... my computer had a blond moment... SOWIE

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:13am
post #8 of 9

Hi, my DH ordered one for me at kopykake. I just got it a few days ago. For right at $300 I got the airmaster set, a book, a set of 12 colors, cleaner and a filter. I can't wait to try it out.

pinklesley1 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:28am
post #9 of 9

i mean mine didnt come with the colors but i went to my local cake supplier and got 22 colors, pearl, and a cleaner for 45.00

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%