Indydebi, I Think I Found Your Long Lost Brother!!!

Decorating By Irish245 Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 4:29am by CakeWhizz

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #1 of 17

Ok, so it's my husband but he's becoming more and more like you,...and I'm loving it.

Ok, so my husband has 3 sisters who all have kids and some are married now, have significant others, and the kids are now starting....so that makes over 25 birthdays a year.

Today, his oldest niece calls and leaves a message that we are invited to her baby's 1st birthday party next Saturday and asked us to come. She also apologized for calling last minute but as she said it on the message, she's her mother's kid.

My husband hears this and says.....ok so first she invites us to the party...and then says she's sorry for the late invite. In his family, a late invite is usually the day of ...and usually about 1/2 hour before the birthday party starts. Soooo, he figured she was only saying it was a late invite if she is expecting me to do the cake. (He's brilliant!!!)

So he asks if I want to go. I tell him I do if he does. (We do tend to avoid his family most of the time lately - long story having to do with a lot of family drama and 70 year old father "dating" a 30 year old chick in another state that only asks for him to wire her money - a sister that got a DUI and then had a wreck while driving on a suspended license - the niece with the baby having been divorced from the baby's father, then got back together and had this baby and now they're separated again - a niece that they just found out is pregnant - a niece that is 17 and has supposedly "found God"...which is fine but apparently taken to preaching to family and friends - and much more.) Also, when we invite his family here for Easter, they can't ever give us a definitive answer so we know how much food to buy. (Last year his sister showed with a half eaten super small potato casserole and his father showed with a $2.32 pie - I still want to know where the heck he was able to find one for that amount!!!!)

He says....ok we'll go if you want to...but we're doing what they do....and I'm going to be the one that calls back. So he gets on the phone and tells the niece we might come but we won't know till the last minute. And on the other end of the phone there is silence......and then....."oh, well I thought Kris would do the cake". So what does my husband say? Oh, well you should have called sooner if you wanted a cake. I can ask her if she can do it for you but she already had a wedding cake and a birthday cake for next Saturday. She might be able to do it but she will probably have to charge you an additional fee because it's a last minute order." BAHAHAHA....I almost choked listening to the conversation. She said.....oh, ok, well, ummm...oh, ok, well I guess I'll have to go BUY a cake. Stop by if you can. Bye.

Don't ya just love him? This makes up for every time I have thought to myself in the last 7 years....."and I decided to get married at age 41 after being single all my life.... why?????" Ok so it's not been that many times but it has happened on occasion hehehe

Kris

16 replies
dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:09am
post #2 of 17

Aww, Kris, congrats. You got yourself a good one!

Well worth the wait, it seems. icon_smile.gif

mbasic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbasic Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:20am
post #3 of 17

wow! sounds like a keeper!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:40am
post #4 of 17

Good Man!! icon_lol.gif He sounds very smart. thumbs_up.gif

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #5 of 17

This is kind of funny but at the same time your hubby put his family into place. Maybe from now on they will start calling or sending you invites on time and be more polite. Good luck!

Ana

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:54am
post #6 of 17

Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are. ~Marsha Norman

They just are, lol I have always kinda liked that quote! Pass go, collect $200 for your husband, nice to see a story like this one!

~Alicia

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:05am
post #7 of 17

LOL! I love it! Good for him and congrats to you for having a guy who will stick up for you like that, especially to his own family. icon_smile.gif

cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:29am
post #8 of 17

Good things come to them who waits!!! This proves that really is true...WHAT A MAN!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:31pm
post #9 of 17

oh man, sounds like you found a whole 'nuther branch of my family!

One year, I invited my ONE sister and her hubby for Thanksgiving. She happened to mention that she might go to Debi's for the holiday. Next thing I knew, the word was out among all 5 siblings that "Thanksgiving is at Debi's house!" They all just invited themselves! icon_surprised.gif Took awhile, but eventually the message got thru that the family Thanksgving was NOT at Debi's house! (This is why RSVP'S don't work in my family! icon_rolleyes.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:13pm
post #10 of 17

He sounds like a very wise man and you have obviously trained him very well icon_lol.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 10:23pm
post #11 of 17

wow, he needs to train me!!!

haha

melody

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 2:58am
post #12 of 17

Don't ya just love him?? My DH can take quite a bit of the same type of stuff, but when he gets tired, that's it, he lets 'em have it!!!! Way to go for u and DH!!!

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish245

"and I decided to get married at age 41 after being single all my life.... why?????"

Good things come to those who wait! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by millermom

Good things come to those who wait! icon_lol.gif

That's what I tell my hubby, who was 35 when he got married for the first time to ME! icon_lol.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:00am
post #15 of 17

*applauds* can we adopt at this age? lol

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:12am
post #16 of 17

Hey, good things can come to those who jumped in early. My husband was a whole 19 years old when we married. We will have our 29th Anniversary this year. icon_lol.gif

-Debbie B.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:29am
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliwis000

Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are. ~Marsha Norman

~Alicia

LOL Nice one Alicia!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%