Help! Recommendation On Mmf Recipe Request Needed Asap

Baking By TracyLH Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 5:31pm by linedancer

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 5

I am in a bind as I am making cookies for a b-day party and one of the little guests is severely allergic to eggs, nuts, etc. Mom says she can have a purchased Rice Krispie treat and would I please put it in a cute bag like the other cookies? Oh, so sad. My thought it to at least make the Rice Krispie treat from scratch, cut it in a large flower shape and cover with MMF, but I have never used/made MMF. Does anyone have a specific recipe they recommend? Will it adhere to the Rice Krispie treat if the treat is warm? I think MMF has to go on a warm surface to adhere. I can't use RI for any kind of glue due to the egg allergy issue and my Wilton meringue powder has egg white.

No time for trail and error as I need to do it tomorrow, so a recipe recommendation would be much appreciated! Thanks, ladies!

4 replies
wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 5

MMF would be perfect for what you are doing, the recipe I use is Rhonda's Ultimate Marshmallow fondant
You can color it, shape it, and you can attach it warm or cold...just use a tiny bit of corn syrup to attach.
There are some really great things you can do with rice crispy treats, so have fun...everyone will be jealous of her yummy treat!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 5

I second wyckedwytch 's recommendation of Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. It is just great.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 5

Thankyou wyckedwytch and linedancer! That is what I needed! As I only need a small amount (for two treats) have you ever decreased the recipe size?
Thanks again for your help!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 5

I have made half many times. It still makes quite a bit. It keeps well if you double wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in a ziplock bag. It is really fun to work with, you might want to try it for some of your other cookies.
It is my preferred icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%