Full Moon Or Does Everyone Have Pms?

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm by bobwonderbuns

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:03pm
post #61 of 80

If they don't admit the lightbulb has burned out, then they won't have an excuse to not change the toilet paper roll...which is sitting right on the counter, and they can fix a car in the dark upside down in the rain...but the toilet paper dispenser has that spring-loaded device that obviously takes years of study from an upper-level academy college of bathroom engineering and one must write a 72-page dissertation on toilet physics before being licensed to change said roll....

That is why I was forced to ply the trade on the black market and the only way to obtain my services is to scream "MOM!!!!" twenty times from the upstairs toilet when I am in the basement plying my bootlegged knowledge of household appliances to the square thing with knobs that washes clothing.

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:03pm
post #62 of 80

I Have to laugh because all of the bickering that goes on here has nothing on where I work!!!

I work with my mom, grandma, aunts, cousins, and my sister... on top of that we all cycle together!

Its so easy to push each others buttons so lets all just get along!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:04pm
post #63 of 80

Ya'll forgot to add Powdered Sugar BC vs. Meringue BC to the list icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #64 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Acck! Ironbaker - good one!!!!

(why ARE people looking at my cake pics and not commenting anyway?)

KIDDING! icon_biggrin.gif

I just looked at yours and didn't comment.

OK, I lied. I left 2. LOL

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:08pm
post #65 of 80

[quote="Julisa"][quote="lepaz"]

Quote:
Quote:

About the typing colors. Maybe we could use rainbow for those of us who ARE suffering from PMS/Menopause/Split personalities/Bi-polar disease/ or head up A** syndrom. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Typing in colors could actually be interesting. By the time I changed the color for each meaning, I'd probably forget what I was going to say. icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #66 of 80

txblonde and cakemom, you two are now on my short list of "Oh, I just LUV you guys!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TxBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxBlonde Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:05pm
post #67 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemom777

If they don't admit the lightbulb has burned out, then they won't have an excuse to not change the toilet paper roll...which is sitting right on the counter, and they can fix a car in the dark upside down in the rain...but the toilet paper dispenser has that spring-loaded device that obviously takes years of study from an upper-level academy college of bathroom engineering and one must write a 72-page dissertation on toilet physics before being licensed to change said roll....

That is why I was forced to ply the trade on the black market and the only way to obtain my services is to scream "MOM!!!!" twenty times from the upstairs toilet when I am in the basement plying my bootlegged knowledge of household appliances to the square thing with knobs that washes clothing.

hahah I loveeedd this! You have me rolling. I really needed to laugh after the day i've been having! *hugs* for all the ladies on this forum. I know that we all have our days but I really do appreciate you guys! THANKS!!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:11pm
post #68 of 80

did anyone mention religion, or politics??? There was once a whole fight cause someone's avatar mentioned Obama (i'm republican, but who cares??)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:14pm
post #69 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

did anyone mention religion, ....

About 20 minutes ago on another thread. Grab your popcorn and run over there! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:57pm
post #70 of 80

yup, I'm jumping back and forth between these two threads, too entertaining. (can anyone bathe my kids so I can stay here??)

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:37am
post #71 of 80

I think it's probably a combination of things . . . some people like to "stir the pot" . . . some don't read a post carefully before adding their two cents . . . some don't have the best communication skills (or don't think before they hit "submit") . . . some live for the drama . . . then add that it's wedding season . . . and graduation open house season . . . and family reunions . . . and someone is always needing a birthday cake . . . and the kids are home from school for the summer . . . and you can't even get 3 people to agree on pizza toppings - or where to go for lunch - so thousands of us are never going to agree on one topic . . . and it's been hot and humid here . . . and how the heck does it take me two weeks to lose 5 pounds but I can gain 4 pounds in a weekend . . and I TOLD everyone at work that I was done baking for the summer . . . but nooooooo they just keep asking for one more birthday cake . . .

Okay. I feel better. Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:47am
post #72 of 80

I did a little experiment this week. I have 2 sons at home right now....20 year old home from college....17 year old. So, the rule is I don't clean their bathroom. I have cleaned more pee off the floor in the past 20 years to last me a lifetime (not to mention nastier stuff!). So, their bathroom is getting smelly. OH well, I buy two cans of spray for them. icon_lol.gif They don't use it, of course. Anyway, to the experiment. I went in and BURIED their sink. Stacks of clean towels, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, shampoo bottles. You can't see a square inch of sink or counter. I watch. It's been 4 days now. IT'S ALL STILL EXACTLY WHERE I PUT IT!!!!!!! Unless they're brushing their teeth and shaving in the shower I'm guessing their g/f's are going to be gagging on their goodnight kisses! GAWD!!!

okay...my PMS contribution

You know a woman has PMS when.....
* She stops reading Glamour and starts reading Guns and Ammo.
* She considers chocolate a major FDA food group.
* She puts on one of those pads with "wings," then flies off the roof laughing hysterically while riding a broom.
* She's developed a new talent for spinning her head around in 360 degree circles.
* She retains more water than Lake Superior.
* She denies she's in a bad mood as she pops a clip into her semiautomatic and "chambers one."
* She buys you a new T-shirt -with a bulls-eye on the front.
* You ask her to please pass the salt at the dinner table and she says,"All I ever do is give, give, give! AM I SUPPOSED TO DO EVERYTHING?"
* She enrolls in the Lizzie Borden School of Charm.
* She orders 3 Big Macs, 4 large fries, a bucket of Chicken McNuggets,and then mauls the manager because they're out of Diet Coke.

shturpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shturpin Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:49am
post #73 of 80

Let's face it ladies ! We are ALL a bunch of rough, tough, cream puffs ! We are all loveable, we just need to beat it outta each other ! In the end, you can still feel the love !

shturpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shturpin Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:54am
post #74 of 80

Maybe it's like the old saying "You know your having a bad day when your horns stuck, and your behind the Hells Angels !"

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #75 of 80

Anyone ever see the "ad" on SNL for Annuale? It is a fake birth control ad where you only have your period once a year and when that time of year comes you need to watch out. One woman is going insane wielding an axe and another is burying her face in her kid's birthday cake.

http://www.sexetc.org/blog/2008/02/26/annuale-snl%E2%80%99s-funny-fake-birth-control/

It is seriously funny.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #76 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlonde

How many women with PMS does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One. ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They donât even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT. And once they figured it out they wouldnât be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that theyâve been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS.

But if they did, by some miracle, actually find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT BULBS CAME IN! WHY?! BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!

ITâS A WONDER WE HAVENâT ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE

THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS... Iâm sorry... what did you ask me?

Were you at my house last night? icon_confused.gificon_redface.gif

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:48am
post #77 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloChellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlonde

How many women with PMS does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One. ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They donât even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT. And once they figured it out they wouldnât be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that theyâve been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS.

But if they did, by some miracle, actually find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT BULBS CAME IN! WHY?! BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!

ITâS A WONDER WE HAVENâT ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE

THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS... Iâm sorry... what did you ask me?

Were you at my house last night? icon_confused.gificon_redface.gif

I was just thinking the same thing icon_confused.gif I was so narky with my husband last night that we divided the house in two, took one kid each, and refused to help each other out EVER AGAIN! (Just kidding) This was all because he didn't want to help me out with organising a P&F (PTA) function.
I think this bad mood is sweeping the globe, two of the mums at school this morning were ready to strangle their brood as well.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:06am
post #78 of 80

You guys have me laughing out loud and reading posts to hubby with voice inflection! I would be rolling on the floor but it's too hard to get back up! icon_rolleyes.gif

I really like the idea about writing in color but I can't even figure out how to attach an attachment, with instructions, how am I going to figure out how to change font color?! icon_cry.gif The sad part, my day job is computer programmer.... icon_redface.gif

Well shucks, time to head for bed and I'm not going to make forum addict tonight. icon_sad.gif I was going to be so excited. Maybe tomorrow....

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:24am
post #79 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupsncakes

I was just thinking the same thing icon_confused.gif I was so narky with my husband last night that we divided the house in two, took one kid each, and refused to help each other out EVER AGAIN! (Just kidding) This was all because he didn't want to help me out with organising a P&F (PTA) function.
I think this bad mood is sweeping the globe, two of the mums at school this morning were ready to strangle their brood as well.

We were up 'til 4am last night arguing at the top of our respective voices over - I'm not kidding here - how to price cakes. icon_confused.gif He's a pastry-phobic Chef and I'm a brand-new Dessert Chef, so he started off trying to be helpful by explaining the intricacies of food costing to me. It exploded when he bullheadedly insisted that there's no way a wedding cake for 150 people should be sold for any more than $150.

It got worse from there. icon_lol.gif Eventually he relented because he's never baked a cake in his life and can barely crank out a tray of cookies.

Something in the air for sure, I think!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #80 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

I just can't get over all the arguing thats been going on here lately. I know I have voiced an opinion on a couple of things and apparently was misunderstood and have ruffled a few feathers, but I honestly didn't mean anything derogatory by it.
I'm just here to learn all I possibly can about cake decorating because it is absolutely a passion of mine and I want so badly to get better. So can we just get back to enjoying caking and learning without the fighting?
Maybe its just natural for all cake decorators to be passionate and over-achievers and we can't help but voice our opinion and no one else can possibly be right?
PLEASE don't take this thread the wrong way, I just want this to be the nice, peaceful, wonderful caking site that I'm sure Jackie and Heath dreamed it would be when they started it.

It's not just here on CC, it's all over. Just last week there were incidents in the grocery store, at work with public and telemarketers, on the road, etc. etc. A coworker and I were talking about it -- the full moon was two weeks ago, we should be safe now! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%