Commercial Kitchen

Business By janelwaters Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm by Jovy

janelwaters Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

I really want to start baking "for real" (not just family and friends for free!). I live in Florida and they under no circumstances allow home baking. I don't have the $$$$ to buy a commercial kitchen so I am trying to find one to rent or share or basically anything - I don't know where to look to find one.

I have checked Craig's list and but I can't seem to find anything in my area (St. Aug/Jax).

Does anyone have any other ideas of places to look for a commercial kitchen to rent or another way to legally bake in FL??

thank you so much for any ideas!!

2 replies
mkolmar Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 3

Talk to local venues that have kitchens that close earlier in the day, VFW's, churches and halls that cater may be an option also.

Jovy Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 3

I was in the same boat. I wanted to start doing it for real but I could not find a commercial kitchen until I realized that my mother in law build a house with a separate room to rent in the future(it has it own entrance and a bathroom) I need to equip the room according to the FDAgriculture. I will rent the room from her until I can get my own place. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%