Chocolate Rocks?

Decorating By spoiledwithdiamonds Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm by michellesArt

spoiledwithdiamonds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledwithdiamonds Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 8

Hey ladies, I new at this whole cake decorating thing (tonight is the last night of Wilton course 1), but recently I had a cake made for my son by a professional. She had chocolate rocks on the cake (small, pinky-nail sized) and my son keeps asking for chocolate rocks. Can anyone tell me how to make them?

TIA!

7 replies
kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 8

Not sure how to make them unless you made them out of candy clay but you can purchase them from countrykitchensa.com (country kitchen sweet art) I use them all the time on cakes- check out my construction cake in my photos and see if they are what you are talking about.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 8

the "nationwide" and "fiesta" links look like the ones i use, and they are so yummy! i can't look up the name of mine, though, to make sure cause we just moved and everything is boxed up. check out my "ships wheel" wedding cake, and you'll see them around the base of the lighthouse.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 8

I buy mine at my local bakery supply store, but I did see them at Super Walmart in the candy section.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 8

I buy mine at my local bakery supply store, but I did see them at Super Walmart in the candy section.

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 8

I have ordered them from candydirect.com before. Great selection of sizes and colors and VERY cheap! They have boulders you can sink your teeth into!! icon_biggrin.gif

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 8

i have them in a store called Bulk Barn-sells all kinds of candies and spices-they look like fishbowl rocks and tthey're candy coated with chocolate in the middle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%