Where To Buy A Fondant Bow???

Decorating By kchart Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 1:28pm by Kiddiekakes

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 2:35am
post #1 of 12

Hello all,
I'm making a cake in a few weeks for my sister in law's baby shower. we will be traveling 10 hours from Georgia to Ohio and I'll only have a short time to bake and decorate the cake once I get to my mom's house in Ohio. I'd like to purchase a colored fondant bow, light blue or brown. The cakes are going to be made to look like a stack of presents. I'd just make it myself but the last time i attempted one it broke into a zillion pieces. not to mention I really won't have enough time for it to dry.
Does anyone know where I can buy one???
Thanks so much.

Kasie

11 replies
kchart Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 12

bump

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 12

I can't help you on a place to buy one, but did you use a gum paste/fondant mix for the bow you made last time? Or at least add tylose or gumtex to it? Fondant alone can be fragile, but if you add any of those things to it, it'll dry faster and harder.

HTH!

kchart Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 12

no, i just used plain old fondant. I'm not really experienced in the fondant department. not a fan of the taste. thanks, i'll have to try adding that stuff though.

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 12

I can make you one and send it to you....

kchart Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 12

that's nice of you! How much would you charge?

Anybody else have any ideas?

kchart Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:21am
post #7 of 12

bump

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:27am
post #8 of 12

I see you are in buford.You should call Cake art in tucker,they might sell them?They have a website cakeartpartystore.com

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:33am
post #9 of 12

Have you seen the thread that shows how to make them with toothpicks? You just put a toothpick at the bottom of each piece where the ends meet), let them dry, then stick em in the cake. Easy peasy. That's how I did the one in my avatar

kchart Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:12am
post #10 of 12

maybe i'll run down to cake art and see what they've got! oh, i so don't want to have to use a fake bow!!!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:21pm
post #11 of 12

My bows are made with 50% fondant and 50% gumpaste--I just use the package of Wilton pre-made gumpaste. Make the loops and let them hang dry overnite. Take them off and turn on side to dry another nite. Put them together on the 3rd day (if totally dry as the humidity still affects drying time).

In one week, at the latest, you should have plenty of time for one to be ready to go.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%