Making Waves - Literally

Decorating By TeamZubert Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 7:47pm by Ruby2uesday

TeamZubert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeamZubert Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making the infamous 3D Duck for my daughter's first birthday. But I'm having a slight dilemma. I can't decide if I shold place this duck on a sheet cake with "waves" on it, or make cupcakes with waves (for easier serving with the kids involved). The bigger question is: how to make waves? Do I sop the mixing on the icing before the blue is completely uniform so it's a little streaky? Do I make the surface as smooth as possible, and then pipe in some circles around the duck for a pond surface? I'm open to any suggestions!

2 replies
doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 3

There are so many great ways to do waves, so do whatever you think will work the best for your needs.

But as far as my opinion, I'm a fan of the streaky blue color (not mixing it in all the way), and if you are dealing with a lot of little hands I would probably go with the cupcake idea! Have fun! icon_smile.gif

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 3

I to think the cupcake idea would be good for little ones. you could do them all blue and "wave" like and then just surround the duck like it's in the water. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%