Please, Everyone, Pray For Me...

Business By ribby0224 Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 5:54pm by GeminiRJ

ribby0224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribby0224 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:26pm
post #31 of 35

So, we went and looked at all the financials for the business and it turns out they are not making as much as they had initially told us. It wouldn't be worth it financially to take on this business so we decided to step back for now. On a good note though...My Grandfather has offered us a considerable amount of money to start a business as soon as he sells some property he has in Canada. I think I'm more excited to wait and do things our own way and have it really be ours than to buy something that is going to be a huge struggle. Not that starting our own place won't be a struggle, but it will be everything I want it to be. So, thanks for all of the prayers and the encouragement from you guys. We really apreciate it!

sweetos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetos Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:57pm
post #32 of 35

Wow, good decision, it's so hard to wait! Let God continue to guide you through every step. Been great to read about your journey...I agree that having a place all your own with no strings attached would be ideal. I'm just a newbie but I love this site and am so impressed by hosting so many cake-lovin' God-fearin' people icon_smile.gif Sweeto

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:14pm
post #33 of 35

God will bless you for being still & listening to Him! That is soooo hard to do sometimes isn't it? I'm on a similar journey. Don't worry--Be Happy icon_smile.gifSounds like you have a good handle on the situation and eventually everything will work out for your good.

ribby0224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribby0224 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:40pm
post #34 of 35

Part of me still wishes we would go ahead and do it, because I so badly want to do cakes as my career but...I know there will be something better. We just have to be patient. I can do that, I think. icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:54pm
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribby0224

It wouldn't be worth it financially to take on this business so we decided to step back for now. On a good note though...My Grandfather has offered us a considerable amount of money to start a business as soon as he sells some property he has in Canada. I think I'm more excited to wait and do things our own way and have it really be ours than to buy something that is going to be a huge struggle.

I think you got your answer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%