Mmf ?

Baking By eringm Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm by tasteebakes

eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:06am
post #1 of 7

Hi I'm new here and have a question about Rhonda's Ultimate MMF recipe. It calls for 1/2 a cup of Crisco. When do you add this? Is it part of what you grease the bowl, work surface, and your hands with? Also do you have to use all of it or just what you need to keep the fondant from sticking?

Thanks in advance,
Erin

6 replies
thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:49am
post #2 of 7

Yes that is just what you grease everything with, you can also knead some in at the end if your mmf is too dry, you just use whatever you need but be liberal with it icon_smile.gif

eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much. Sounds like I did it right then. I started making the fondant then realized I wasn't sure about the Crisco. I just went for it and hoped for the best.

Erin

Shanrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanrose Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 7

I was wondering the same but figure it must be to continue to grease my hand and the workspace...and boy did it come in handy lol. It was my first time making this and it gave me an upper body workout, but I love it! It tastes great (I made regular MMF & CMMF)...the chocolate seems to be a bit dry so I am going to knead it some more w/ a bit of crisco on my hands to get pliable again...hopefully it will roll out well. I am a bit nervous b/c the MMF will be going on a spice cake, I am making CCi (cream cheese icing) then adding the MMF on top...HOPEFULLY both tastes will combine and be de-lish!

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 7

You could also try to heat up the mmf in the microwave at 10-15 second intervals until it is softer, it will be easier to work in the crisco that way. Just be careful, it may get too hot! Good luck icon_smile.gif

Shanrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanrose Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 7

I'll try that next time, I put the ziploc baggie on top of the stove after I just taken my cake out...it seemed to warm it up a bit...I just now rolled out the MMF and topped on the motorcycle cake (3d image)...so now about to try to paint?!!?

Wish me luck!

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 7

I have a pictorial on my website for MMF. I only use crisco to grease my work surface.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%