My Boss Ordered A Cake For A Big Exec Meeting!!!

Decorating By Juny1980 Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 1:22pm by cjmommy

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 12

Hello forum,

I am being challenged at my job to create a cake that looks like the pic I attached to this post. It's called a "Gold Sheet" and it's a lil' larger than what it looks like in the pic, but I had to adjut the pixels in order to post the pic on here. There are a number of top execs visiting us at the end of this month and will be reviewing a sheet similar to this, so my boss thought it'd be pretty cool (and appropriate) to have a dessert that resembles the purpose of their meeting. Any ideas how I can achieve this? I have some ideas, but not too sure...

Idea # 1: Sheet cake covered in yellow/gold fondant and make details in black buttercream/fondant icing

Idea #2: Sheet cake covered in yellow/gold BC and details in black buttercream/fondant icing

Idea #3: Sheet cake covered in yellow/gold BC and try to get an edible copy of the image below to lay on the cake

Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated! The cake is due 07/31.

Thank you for reading!!!
LL

11 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 12

I have made 'scrolls' and put pictures or what ever printed out on rice paper [ or edible images] on thinly rolled gumpaste, curling the corners and creating a 3D effect. I use luster dust to accent to edges. This could be placed on either BC or fondant, lifted off for serving and saved forever if so inclined!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 12

IMO it would be really difficult to pipe all those fine lines perfectly straight. I love the PP's idea of putting the edible image on it's own "paper" and then laying it on the cake! It would give it a 3d look, instead of just a flat sheet cake icon_smile.gif Good Luck!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 12

How about if you make it look as if the cake is a clip board holding the document which would be an edible image on GP or fondant?

I agree that piping all those lines would be EXTREMELY tedious and to pipe the text that small would be difficult too.

Good luck on this one!

NICKY2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NICKY2 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 12

Iâm new at this and my skills are a little lacking in the details. So, I personally would go edible image. I would not want the stress of messing up all that piping and then having to see these people everyday.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 12

A clipboard is a great idea! Very creative icon_smile.gif

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 12

I like the clipboard idea since it is a work/audit thing, it seems appropriate - and you could do a chocolate frosting on the cake as a woden clipboard...

Maybe you could make the "paper" out of gold fondant and then use a black edible marker to do the writing - you can even use a blue or red pen to "fill in" some of the information - maybe talk to your boss about how to write in some funny things that would be appropriate.

I can't imagine getting a great likeness if you try to do the black lines and things in frosting or even piping gel.

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #8 of 12

Check it out, what do you think?!?!
LL

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:53am
post #9 of 12

Great job!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:57pm
post #10 of 12

Good for You! It came out great. Bet your co-workers got a kick out of it too.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:06pm
post #11 of 12

Who knew a work-themed cake could be so cute! Great job!

cjmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjmommy Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:22pm
post #12 of 12

Great job! I'm sure everyone will love it icon_smile.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%