Gumpaste Cutters And Veiners

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 12:37pm by snowshoe1

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 4

I'm just starting to get into gumpaste flowers and need to buy some good equipment. I bought Wilton's kit with like 30 cutters and instruction book. These cutters s*ck, to put it gently. I want good ones and some good veiners, but the options out there are overwhelming. Is there a "best" company for cutters and veiners? Gosh, tools can get expensive, and there seem to be so many that are needed. I'm confused and overwhelmed by all of them. Any suggestions or recommendations? TIA!

3 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 4

I like the veiners by First Impressions and Celcakes.

Before you purchase any cutters you may want to think about how often you will be using them. You can get templates off this site and others and just cut your gumpaste with a knife. I bought too many cutters that I have only used once (some never!).

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 4

That's a good idea. For now, I really want to master roses, orchids, and hydrangeas, so I guess I could start there. I just don't know what are good ones. I was going to buy some from GSA, but there are so many different types, styles, brandes, etc. that I get confused.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 4

You may want to contact Jennifer Dontz ( [email protected] ) - she sells cutters that come with really detailed instructions. I bought her peony cutters and really like them (reasonably priced also). The issue I have with so many of the other cutters I've purchased is there are no instructions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%