Info For Pans, Plates, Icing, Boxes?

Business By EnjoyTheCake Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm by twooten173

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 7:14am
post #1 of 4

I'm still building inventory and experience before I delve into an actual cake business. To this end, I'm constantly drooling over pans and display items.

I'm sure this information is scattered throughout CC, but if it is not too much trouble, I would love to see some discussion about where to find the best priced pan sets. Round, Square, Comma/Paisley specifically.

Where did you find your best priced pan sets?
How many pans of each size are recommended for a small start up cake business?
How do you find the suppliers for boxes and cupcake inserts for said boxes?
Does anyone use Sam's club icings for professional cakes?

Thank you in advance.

3 replies
Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:37am
post #2 of 4

Great question, these are all things I've been wondering too. It's sad when you get all excited looking at pans online icon_wink.gif

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 4

I purchase my pans, boxes, and cake circles at a local cake shop. I've been collecting them "as I need them", so it's only been recently that I've had complete sets, although I realized over the weekend that I still need a 14" round and 10"square :doh:. Sorry I can't help you with the pricing there.

For starting out, I'd recommend at least one round set of 6/8/10/12, and square of 6/8/10 or 8/10/12.

I don't mind the 3" tall Wilton Preferred on the round, but Magic Line or Fat Daddio's on the square pans, for their crisp corners and perpendicular sides.

I make my own bc, so no help there.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 4

I actually went to the SAM's Club bakery and asked to taste their icing. They gladly handed me a sample - I didn't care for it so I didn't buy it. I too make my own. I'd say try some of Sam's Club and see what you think.

I buy my boxes, inserts, and boards at http://brpboxshop.com They have free shipping on EVERYTHING. You have to order by the case but if you have the space, it works.

I too buy pans as needed. I make cakes weekly for a restaurant so I have a lot of 10" pans because of that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%