Omg What Has Happened To Viva Paper Towels????

Decorating By butternut Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm by charlieinMO

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

I am sooo upset. Some time back I noticed that something had changed with the Viva paper towels. I have sworn by them for as long as they've been out and now I'm having to change brands icon_cry.gif A couple of months ago is when I first started noticing that every time I would dry my hands on them, my hands would be left with these tiny white balls all over them. I guess it's lint from the paper towels. It seems to be steadily getting worse. I used to clean my windows with them as well but I can't even do that anymore. It's crazy. I've never seen a paper towel do this before. I contacted the company that makes them and they told me that it shouldn't be doing this and to purchase a new roll and see what happens. Well, I did and the same thing. I contacted them again and I was asked to send in 12 sheets of the Viva and they would need to analyze them and see what has happened. I have yet to hear back from them as to the results. Since this time I have purchased a couple more rolls in hopes that they had fixed the problem but nothing has changed. I can no longer use them on my frosting to smooth it out. Sure don't want this mess all over my cake. I've had many of my family members who use Viva tell me that they've had to switch too because of this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know what to use on my cakes now.

3 replies
aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 4

I can't help you with what has happened but you can use regular typing paper to smooth it.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 4

I can't help you with what has happened but you can use regular typing paper to smooth it.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 4

I had this happen about a year ago. Thought I was going to cry! But I bought some more from a different store and haven't had any problems for awhile now! Hopefully it is just an odd thing that happens once in a while.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%